PDA

View Full Version : Big Notched Collar Cardigan with 3 bottons

oregonknitter
03-07-2009, 10:39 PM
I am looking for a pattern book that has a cropped cardigan with a big, notched collar. The cardigan has a raised and lower basket type weave to it is the best I can describe it. It does not have a belt, and the sleeves are looser. I recently purchased a book with the pattern in it, but evidently the book got tossed accidently. The pattern is near the middle of the book just behind the "pattern directions" section in the middle of the book. Can anyone help me find it. I would be very grateful. A comment by one of the ladies who had made it was that she had used Rowan's Summer Tweed yarn (reddish color). It is not a Rowan pattern however. Thanks.

Jan in CA
03-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Do you remember the name of the book?

oregonknitter
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I was thinking it was published by Leisure Arts or Bernat, but I've searched what's available on line and in my local stores. I purchased it at Michael's Crafts---it was the last copy and they have since removed the book label. Could also be a Better Homes & Garden....I really don't remember.

Jan in CA
03-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I looked around a bit, but didn't find any notched collar, cropped cardigans except in Vogue Knitting spring 1998 I think it was. :shrug:

oregonknitter
03-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks. I think the book has "Classic" in the title, and it is a book that has the additional directions that don't fit on the pictured garment page in the blue middle section with all the others. I can't remember what companies do this, but that may narrow it down. As I remember, there were quite a few projects. I know it wasn't Vogue, but thanks for researching.