PDA

View Full Version : New & Thank YOU!!!

MichiganRealtor
03-08-2009, 07:52 PM
:woot: Hello! I am so excited to have stumbled upon your website. I am a new knitter and aready a crocheter (fair amnt. of experience). Decided to try knitting after meeting a really nice gal at our High School Pool. She knitted while I crocheted. I always wanted to knit but when I first learned, it was very challenging to me. However,the pool lady inspired me and suggested I look online for help-videos. I am so glad I found your site. The continental method seems much easier to me and knitting seems "funner!" I am just getting the knit/purl stiches down ... doing a practice piece. I was hoping someone would recommend a first-timer project/pattern. I would be most appreciative.:heart: Thanks again for your awesome website. I LOVE IT! P.S. I often go to the Lion Brand website for free patterns for crochet and most often they turn out nice. Thanks so much! Julie (feel free to reply direct to me at JPapagni@comcast.net). Happy Knitting!!!

bambi
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Welcome! I have learned lots on this site--techniques, info about needles to use, and tons of pattern sites.

My first project was a poncho that I still use all the time. Lots of people chose scarves or dishcloths.

Lion has tons of easy scarves with my fav being the zig zag scarf. I think I have made three of them this winter.

Happy knitting!

Bambi

globaltraveler
03-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Welcome to KH!

The best next pattern is one you can't wait to wear!

albertpollard
03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Maybe I am an over achiever but since I had several years experience with crochet I knitted a sweater as my first project. Many of the patterns have 'beginner' or 'intermediate' ratings, try one of those.
The nice thing about this site is if you have a question there is plenty of wisdom here!
Don't be afraid to challenge yourself and once you start the secret is to finish the project, even if it isn't 'perfect'. You will learn from your mistakes.
Welcome home!

Sknitter56
03-10-2009, 08:05 PM
:) Hi, Julie, and welcome!
Knittingpatterncentral.com has hundreds of FREE knitting patterns so you should check it out. There's lots and lots of free knitting pattern sites on the web and if you get stuck, this is the place to come to when you need help. Great advice, lots of nice knitters, and one way or the other, your question will get answered. Great to meet you!
Mary in Georgia

biztec
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
:woot: Hello! I am so excited to have stumbled upon your website. I am a new knitter and aready a crocheter (fair amnt. of experience). Decided to try knitting after meeting a really nice gal at our High School Pool. She knitted while I crocheted. I always wanted to knit but when I first learned, it was very challenging to me. However,the pool lady inspired me and suggested I look online for help-videos. I am so glad I found your site. The continental method seems much easier to me and knitting seems "funner!" I am just getting the knit/purl stiches down ... doing a practice piece. I was hoping someone would recommend a first-timer project/pattern. I would be most appreciative.:heart: Thanks again for your awesome website. I LOVE IT! P.S. I often go to the Lion Brand website for free patterns for crochet and most often they turn out nice. Thanks so much! Julie (feel free to reply direct to me at JPapagni@comcast.net). Happy Knitting!!!
Hi Michigander! I lived in Grand Rapids for 11 years and still have strong ties to the area. Like you, I was a pretty experienced crocheter, but wanted to learn to knit. I couldn't do it until I learned the continental method as well. My first knitting project was a hat, but then I went on to a sweater. I highly recommend the Sublime Aran hand knit book. I've done two sweaters from this book already and have found them to be easy for a beginning knitter. All you need to know besides knitting and purling is casting off and decreasing. Welcome aboard and good luck! Let us know how you're progressing.