PDA

View Full Version : Important question for snuggle knitters

Mulderknitter
03-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi snuggle knitters,
My uncle is very sick with multi-system cancer and actually worried about passing away soon, and has a dog that he dearly loves, "Eddie". I was wondering if you would all mind if the care package that I send to him included the 2 finished snuggles that I have, Whiskers Wooby and His majesty. I have some dog toys and slippers that I made, but it would be nice to include the blankets for the dog. My mom helped him with his will today, and the man's only main concern was his dog and what would happen to him. It sure would mean a lot if this was blessed by all of you. I hope to get the package in the mail soon. Please let me know what you think, and there will never be any hard feelings if you would rather they went to a shelter.
Thank you all, :muah:

gmmarton
03-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I think it would be very appropriate to give the blankets to your uncle. My experience with charity knitting is that it is always about intention, and the knitter's desire to create a better feeling and comfort level for the intended receiver. If the blankets in question don't make it to an animal shelter this time, that doesn't mean the other blankets being done won't find their way to some deserving animals.

I cannot, in all good conscience, imagine why any of the knitters doing Snuggles Blankets would be upset with your decision. So trust your heart.

Please know that your uncle will be in my thoughts and prayers. And so will "Eddie."

misha rf
03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I have absolutely no problem with that, and like gmmarton said, I can't imagine that anyone would have a problem with you doing that. And I'm sorry to hear that your uncle is so sick. :grphug:

yarncharmer
03-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I think sending those snuggles to your uncle and Eddie is the right thing to do :heart: I will be finishing my section of Cuddlebug this weekend, and I will have love and good wishes in my heart for your uncle and Eddie while I knit. :hug:

Ladybug Lady
03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
By all means, yes, give Eddie some of our blankies and goodies. It will help your uncle worry less about his dear friend. Charity starts at home. :hug:

Mulderknitter
03-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support!:muah: My uncle goes for surgery on Thursday next week to remove the tumors, so I hope to have the package to him by then.
Here is a pic of the finished blankets and the pair of slippers going out:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture289.jpg
It means a lot to have such supportive friends:grphug:

sgtpam
03-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Great idea...give him hugs for us, too

jdee
03-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I have absolutely not problem with you sending them to your uncle. You did the right thing. :hug: Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.