PDA

View Full Version : Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody...

JessicaR
03-14-2009, 11:15 PM
And I don't have money cuz I ain't got a job!

Anyone else find themselves depressed on Saturday nights? It's just weird. I'm not a "go out" type chick but I find myself bored at home. My husband switched jobs so now not only is he home at night (he worked 3rd shift our entire marriage), he's home on weekends now. We avoid each other like the plague because it's just such an odd new thing. If that makes any sense.

I had a crappy night, one of the dogs had to be brought to the vet. And the hubby's said at least a handful of comments today that make me just want to b*tch slap him. *sigh* :roll:

Debkcs
03-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Ah well, it's much later now, hopefully you and your DH are all tucked in and happily asleep now.

We worked opposite schedules as nurse for years, so being home together was odd. First he retired medically, then I did.

"This house is not big enough for the two of us . . ."

JessicaR
03-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I ended up going down to the basement and listening to my tree hugging hippie music and re-potted some plants. Then I did laundry. Super fun!!! :)

sabrinasmom
03-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Know how you feel. Mine went from working sometimes 80 hours a week to not working AT ALL-zero hours!!- and not leaving the house unless of course when I was at work. I like to have some 'MY Time' all alone in the house. Hopefully it will get better.

TEMA
03-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Been there, done that...
My hubby is a workaholic who isn't working due to medical problems. He can't drive any more either so wherever I go, he goes.
Once in a while I get to go out by myself and I make the most of it.
I love him dearly... but just once in a while I wish he'd go visit his family for about a week... I'd get a lot more done....LOL!
TEMA

JessicaR
03-16-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm really starting to think that we might not make it

melmac51
03-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Know how you feel. Mine went from working sometimes 80 hours a week to not working AT ALL-zero hours!!- and not leaving the house unless of course when I was at work. I like to have some 'MY Time' all alone in the house. Hopefully it will get better.

Been there, done that! My DH used to work offshore. He was away every other week. When he changed jobs, it took some getting used to by both of us. Then, he started travelling on his new (at the time) job. Whew!

For the last 5 years or so, he's been home every night, and every weekend. He has his workshop in the back (I call it "The Man Cave"), and I have my "craft room" inside. We love each other dearly, and know where to find each other if we need a togetherness fix. It's working beautifully for us! :yay:

I call the rare occasions that I'm home completely alone "sanity time". It's good to know there are others out there who crave "sanity time".

melmac51
03-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Also, give it some time. Mine makes those same types of comments. I know what you mean. I just smile and sweetly say "That's right. Thanks for pointing out that fault to me." Or, "I did that because I love the sound of your voice, and the only time I hear it is when you complain/nag."

A sense of humor goes a long wey.

JessicaR
03-16-2009, 04:15 PM
I have a my studio in the basement and a really messy craft room upstairs. He has his garage. And when I gets and stays warmer, I'll be outside a lot. But really, it's not a space thing. It's more of a "I can't seem to talk to him about anything" thing. Seems any ideas or dreams I have, mainly for the house, he belittles and drags thru the mud. It wears on you after a while. I veiw it as trying to make our home a better place to live, and I'm sure he views it as just basically spending money.

He will never be happy, with anything, I swear. And I'm tired of it.

Arielluria
03-16-2009, 05:34 PM
I can relate to having to get used to DH at home, in the past with layoffs or his major operation (Cancer) we had to learn to avoid each other and not get in the way.

Last Sat. night I told DH that he needed to hold a hank while I wound it. He said he didn't mind and made a comment about our wild Saturday nights, not a bad comment though. I told him I was much happier now than on my partying days.

It also took mine a long time to learn that saying a silly sweet thing can totally make my day. He also needs the same from me from time to time. It's a dance we do in marriage, it just takes a while to get the rhythm. ;)

Kattra
03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
You knit and I am betting you have a stash? Noxt time you feel like making thinggs better sugest knitting an afgan or some lacey curtens... If he bitches pount out you already have what you need to do it so it might as well be free and it will make the craft your mess messy by being a stash buster.. *shrugs* If he is smart he will swallow his pride and pay attenchen... If he is just worried about monny and not just being an ***.