PDA

View Full Version : Steggie KAL

gargoylelib
03-15-2009, 03:33 AM
I just started Steggie (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring09/PATTsteggie.php)from the Spring Knitty for my little girl. She said it's a dragon sweater not dinosaur but anyway! :) I thought I'd start a little KAL thread in case anyone else is interested in doing this sweater. The body of the sweater is just a basic boxy raglan shape. The real fun comes in the sleeves! They have intarsia spines along the top of the sleeve where the seam is made (most sleeves have the seam on the bottom). It will be interesting as teh spine pattern for each side starts at different times and there will also be increases in the middle of the sleeve to remember. I have a feeling they will take some careful planning to knit up without forgetting anything! :)

I'm knitting it in the same green, blue and red palette as the original pattern (daughter's choice haha) in Novita 7-Veljestä wool. Come and join me!

Libbie

Debkcs
03-15-2009, 04:45 AM
I wish I could! Have so many UFO's now it's criminal.

Good luck with the pattern, it looks like fun.

Firey Vixxen
03-15-2009, 06:44 AM
is it terribly wrong of me to be thinking "how could i add room for boobage?" so i could make a couple for me?
I'm thinking 1 in Stegasaurus Yellow with Orange Spines, and one in Basic Black with Metallic Spines.
there goes my yarn diet...:shifty:
FV

gargoylelib
03-15-2009, 09:00 AM
You are definitely not the first to think of making an adult sized one! I was reading a similar thread in a group on Ravelry. I think given that teh body of the sweater is just your basic raglan sleeved cardigan, I'm sure you could take an adult raglan pattern and use it. You would just need to understand the unique sleeve construction and adapt it to your sweater. I think it's completely do-able! :)

I love the idea of a black one with metallic spines!

Libbie

gargoylelib
03-26-2009, 02:24 AM
*Sigh* I really hate the sleeve construction for this sweater. It is not hard...it is sloooooowwwwww. I have decided after two evenings of working on it and only halfway through the increases that I'm going to rip out and make the sleeves in the regular way and then make the spine section separate and sew to the top of the sleeves afterwards. I know I will never finish this sweater if I don't do it this way because taking so long just for one sleeve means the other sleeve will get put off until whenever haha.... We'll see how it goes :)