PDA

View Full Version : Birthday ideas for my niece

vaknitter
03-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I need help ... my nieces birthday is coming up and she is making a train/bus trip to NYC to have a tea party at the American Girl Store. She 7 - and would like things she can pack to play with/do on the trip. Any thoughts? She loves all things Disney Princess and drawing. I would like to make her a felted tote bag and fill it with things for her trip.

Simply_Renee
03-16-2009, 03:51 PM
How cool is that?!

How about knitting her some American Girl doll outfits? There are some on Ravelry I have seen. I think she would love a tote, plus an Activity book & markers, some paper & drawing pencils or a little art kit, playing cards/games to play on the way there.

How about some printable games?
http://childparenting.about.com/od/familytravel/a/travelgames.htm

JessicaR
03-16-2009, 04:08 PM
A craft kit with bigger sized beads might be fun? I still love playing with beads. I always read, listen to music, and sleep on my train rides :)

vaknitter
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM
HAHA - I have already knit the doll and she some matching items. She seems to prefer having grandma sew for her - she actually informed grandma that they would need matching sundresses for the trip !
Beads and music are a good idea ... she has a shuffle. I hadn't thought about being able to print off games - I'll check that out.

Keep the ideas coming while I work on the bag.

Kattra
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
A ball of yarn and some knitting needles... And a supper easy doll poncho pattern?.... Oh wait se might not be old enough for that yet...