PDA

View Full Version : really need prayers right now

1knittychick
03-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Today, I received my 15th "sorry, we're not hiring you" letter. I have never been so depressed. People keep telling me to be patient and wait on God. But you know, I don't think he's listening to me anymore. I need a job (along with everyone else who is unemployed). I've lost all hope. No one is bailing me out. I've mailed 2 more applications and really need ya'll to pray for me. If nothing comes of these, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Sorry, I just had to vent to someone.

LadyFirelyght
03-18-2009, 08:56 PM
I know how you feel. I was job hunting for 6 months before I decided to try something else. I never even got a single interview.

dustinac
03-18-2009, 09:30 PM
:hug:Your in my prayers and he is still listening. :heart:

A couple of weeks ago I was so stressed out and my grandmother called, she asked me what is God telling you? I said I don't know I can't hear him, I have to many other things going through my head and I don't know what is what...she said this verse just came to me "Be still and know that I am God" those words helped me that day and I just kept repeating that verse to myself, I knew he would work it out, and he did and still is ...just know he never leaves us even when times get rough that is when he carries us. Just lean on him :hug:

PurlyGyrl
03-19-2009, 08:39 AM
:hug: I hope things get better soon!

sue in canada
03-19-2009, 09:19 AM
I hope things get better for you soon, Sending you some positive thoughts.

Songbirdy
03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
:hug: Hang in there!

God's got things in motion that you can't see, hear, or imagine. I prayed the same request for over 3 years. I seriously thought the same as you and worse.

But then, through a long series of events, spanning over 6 months and with me experiencing the entire thing with a huge "What the !" my prayers were answered in a way so huge and amazing I can't describe!

I know this doesn't help the today. We live in such a fast world and in regards to something like work, you need it today!

I'll be praying for you! Keep up the faith, and trust that there is something in the works for you. I say this knowing full well how hard that is, and believe you have every right to share with God how you are feeling. He wants those words too, like a conversation, like sharing here!

{{{hugs}}} :hug:

Simply_Renee
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Hang in there.

It's starting to get depressing here too. I am lucky to be on unemployment, but it isn't enough! I have been out of work since November 18th due to the company closing. I have been on one interview since- and I don't think I got it- there were over 120 applicants.

Sooo many people are in our situation now. Things have got to start improving soon. I am trying to think that there must be a reason that I haven't gotten a job yet. I am thinking about going back to school.

Just keep swimming (don't make me sing the song from from Finding Nemo now!)

(((((HUGS))))))

bailsmom
03-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Today, I received my 15th "sorry, we're not hiring you" letter. I have never been so depressed. People keep telling me to be patient and wait on God. But you know, I don't think he's listening to me anymore. I need a job (along with everyone else who is unemployed). I've lost all hope. No one is bailing me out. I've mailed 2 more applications and really need ya'll to pray for me. If nothing comes of these, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Sorry, I just had to vent to someone.

Boy honey, you're preaching to the choir. I feel the exact same way you do. :hug:

Simply_Renee
03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
(((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you too bailsmom. Hang in there.

margz3
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Boy honey, you're preaching to the choir. I feel the exact same way you do. :hug:

:hug: :hug: My prayers are definitely with you....though I am thinking the same thing - He's not listening anymore to me :( Seems the harder I pray, the better I try to be, the worse things get. I truly hope everything works out for you though!

Simply_Renee
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM
A friend of mine once told me "God always answers your prayers, but sometimes the answer is no."

I just try to see that something is in the works for me that I don't know about yet and it is happening for a reason even though I don't understand it. I try to trust in the universe to bring me to where I need to be, while trying my best. It's hard and I'm not very good at it lately.

mks22300
03-19-2009, 12:55 PM
:hug:

Songbirdy
03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
...though I am thinking the same thing - He's not listening anymore to me :( Seems the harder I pray, the better I try to be, the worse things get.
[snipped quote down]

I just wanted to make a small comment on this bit... I'm no theologian and so you can take this however you'd like but as far as I understand 'this' the good news is that it isn't dependent on your efforts. Not that it isn't good to try hard and all, but God wants the best for you no matter what. It isn't a condition of how you behave.

Yes, the answer can be no, or not right now, or this isn't the right time, or I'm working on it, or ... it can be yes, in a minute, its going to happen I just need to, to get you there we need to work on this right now...

well its like knitting...

sometimes it isn't the right gauge, or the wrong yarn/wool, sometimes you look at the pattern and :eyebrow2: think what??? Sometimes you've been following the pattern, but didn't realize that C2N meant "x" and not "y" or that your version of YO is not what the rest of the world means by YO (that would be me, right here!). It can be a situation of I just flipping knit and knit and knit and I've done the body and now I have TWO sleeves to knit!!!

I can't say... I'm not omniscient... and honestly it pains me so much that so many people are hurting right now.

Our world sucks, and there is a lot of hurt and pain and 'sin' in the world. But the way its been taught to me is that God doesn't want that for any of us but he works in this world. The yuck doesn't come from him but from our choices and the choices of those around us. So there are times when we pay, pay, pay for the choices of others. Like right now.

I'm so sorry you are all hurting. I'm just hoping we can all hang on, keep on trusting and that one day it will work out, for all of us!

MoniDew
03-19-2009, 02:38 PM
my heart goes out to you. I've recently gone through a period of time in my life when I thought my prayers were poisoned. not only was God not listening, He just flat didn't care. Or more than that, that God must HATE me.

But, obviously, none of that is true. You just couldn't have told me that at the time.

Honey, at least you are getting letters! I've never gotten a letter saying we aren't hiring you. I've simply been ignored and left to wonder. At least you know!

This looks like a closed door. But it's not. It's an open window. WIDE open. A window of opportunity. You are knocking in the wrong direction. Ask yourself this: WHAT DO I REALLY WANT?!

Get is a quiet space, alone, really focus, and ask. You'd be surprised that the answer is so clear. What do I really, really want for myself, for my life? whatever comes, is IT!

:muah: all the love in the world, sweetheart :muah:

Lady Violet
03-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm right there with ya. My last official day at work was January 25th, although I hadn't been there since December. Basically, it was either quit or get fired. I really don't think I'm that outright different from most people in a work environment, but I guess I must be. I keep to myself unless we've naturally become friends from working together and being similar. But apparently that's not enough. Most of my past jobs have ended bad because I'm me. There's nothing wrong with being me. It just doesn't fit in with what the world thinks I should be. I haven't even really tried this time to find a job because whenever I'm employed, it's extremely hard to find something that I could stand and that I could actually get hired to do. It seems like I'm barely qualified to do anything, and the things I'm qualified to do (retail and childcare) are two of the things that I would rather steer clear of (not the greatest situations, and they definitely don't bring out the best in me).

But I have discovered something I love. Fiber and color. So I'm going to try my hand at dying and see where it takes me. I have so many ideas in my head right now, and they keep multiplying. I figure they're there for a reason. For some strange reason I actually got paid about $600 in February after my employment was officially over. I see that as a gift to invest. Call it a window. I'm going to order a set of dyes and various yarns and maybe some fibers and see what I come up with.

I feel like all my conversations with God are one-sided right now, too. But I've been here before and it didn't last forever last time, so I figure it won't this time. I just have to hang in there and do what I can with what I've been given (the extra $, the ideas, the love).

You're definitely not alone, and I hope all that is being said is encouraging you even if it's just a tiny bit. I know it's helping me. :hug:

MoniDew
03-19-2009, 05:45 PM
We're more alike than you think. I'm an odd duck, too. I don't seem to have good success working for others. I started my own small business as a result. I don't consider myself all that strange/different, but I've never had a good working relationship, nor have I had much success making friends.

That having been said, I think you are right on the money pursuing something creative! Artists are given a little more latitude for "personality". LOL! Plus, it's a great release to be creative and artistic. I wish you abundant success in your dyeing endeavors.

Oh, BTW: I've seldom met someone who could properly use "there," "their," and "they're." Congratulations on your literacy. May you rapidly clone yourself!

auburnchick
03-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi guys. I've been a bit MIA from the OT forum lately, but I saw this and had to respond.

My last day at a very good paying job was October 31st. I've found a part-time job at my kids' high school. It lasts until the end of the school year, and then who knows.

Money is very, very tight, and nobody's hiring for teachers right now. In fact, many of our's are getting laid off at the end of the term as well.

One thing I'm learning, and I've been a Christian since I was 18 years old, is how to trust God.

This is a time that is requiring blind faith.

It's also a time for simplifying our lives. Do we really need a DVR or that fancy SUV?

I'm learning full dependence on God. My unemployment checks, which have stopped coming and I'm fully qualified for, are desperately needed to help me pay my bills as my part-time work pays very little (at least it is a paycheck, though). God will provide.

I'm also learning to be thankful for the smallest things.

Don't lose hope. God hears us when we pray. We don't necessarily hear him because of the worry we allow into our hearts. We can't serve two masters...the Bible is very clear about that.

Put your full trust in God. Keep sending those resumes and have faith that God's timing is perfect.

:hug: from one who truly understands what you're going through.

vaknitter
03-19-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm forunate to work in the medical field and as of yet my hospital is not doing any layoffs. There is a hiring freeze at the hosp and I have lost my per diem jobs at smaller facilities.
Try to stay strong and I hope you find something soon.

1knittychick
03-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm better today than when I posted my original "venting". A friend of mine called me today. She always calls when I need someone to talk to. I'm will continue to pray and follow the golden rule and have faith that God will take care of me and ya'll.