PDA

View Full Version : Working on Teddy Bear Bag

knitpurlgurl
03-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Here's the bag I'm working on now. (Amy Gaines' Amigurumi Bear Purse Pattern (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21936580).) After the cupcake drawstring bag - I learned that 4 yr olds will pull out the drawstrings and repeatedly ask that you replace them. So I nixed the drawstring and knitted a sturdier wristlet handle instead. I also chose not to add the flowers to my bear so that it looks more rustic. I made the bag a tad smaller and the ears much smaller as I like small ears on a teddy bear. Plus, my daughter thought that the bigger ears made it look like a monkey, not a bear. I had to actually learn how to sew seams, sew pieces together, and to embroider satin stitch and blanket stitch. I learned quite alot on this project. I'm just waiting for the safety eyes to arrive in the mail so that I can apply them to the bag.

MGM
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM
That is just darling! My Gracie is 4 too and quite the little bag lady already! She would love this, but in PINK of course!

MGM

knitpurlgurl
03-19-2009, 10:13 AM
That is just darling! My Gracie is 4 too and quite the little bag lady already! She would love this, but in PINK of course!

MGM

Of course. :D

knitpurlgurl
03-20-2009, 07:36 AM
I finished it!!! Here is the completed bag (with eyes):

MGM
03-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Just darling! Those ears crack me up! That would be a nice little gift bag to put a jar of honey in!

MGM

knitpurlgurl
03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Just darling! Those ears crack me up! That would be a nice little gift bag to put a jar of honey in!

MGM

I never thought of that.. how cute!

Lisa_H-Town
03-20-2009, 02:05 PM
S/He is adorable! It's amazing how much of a difference adding the eyes makes from one photo to the next!

PamJ
03-20-2009, 02:21 PM
My goodness, that is so cute!! I predict your daughter is going to get a lot of response when she takes the bear out. He is adorable. Good work!

merryknitter
03-20-2009, 03:19 PM
You are doing just great on your Crochet! I love that little bear...my granddaughter, Kira, would probably LOVE a monkey...LOL! Keep up the great work...love your projects!
Merry :)