PDA

View Full Version : good knitter's handbook

ideefix
03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I am looking for a good handbook .

I took 3 different ones out of the library
The knitting school ( a bit complicated )
The knitters handbook from Reader's digest, a bit incomplete and
The Knitting answer book(not bad)
However I would like to have more options, somewhere there must be a very good handbook

I need some help from you experienced knitters

kellee0302
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
I use the Knitter answer book, that's the small one with the green cover. It seems to answer all my questions, and my mother even wanted one, she's been knitting for years but found many answers to her questions in that book.

dogmomandrn
03-20-2009, 10:25 PM
I really like How to Knit by The National NeedleArts Association and the first Stitch n B*tch book.

sandillajoan
03-20-2009, 10:38 PM
I am looking for a good handbook .

I took 3 different ones out of the library
The knitting school ( a bit complicated )
The knitters handbook from Reader's digest, a bit incomplete and
The Knitting answer book(not bad)
However I would like to have more options, somewhere there must be a very good handbook

I need some help from you experienced knitters
Hello. The two books that I can't live w/o are: "Vogue Knitting Book' (very complete and easy to follow) and "Knitting for Dummies" also very complete and easy to understand. I hope this helps.

knitman
03-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I like to use "Visual Quick Tips Knitting." Its a good reference book with lots of good pictures. Best of all, its small enough to take along with you, when you're on the road. Amazon.com is a good place to search for these kinds of books.

laikabear
03-21-2009, 10:37 PM
I found Teach Yourself Visually Knitting very helpful when I was first starting out. It has great photos (well, of course!)

Now the book I refer to most is Big Book of Knitting by Katharina Buss. It has a lot of more advanced things in it. I also like Vicki Square's Knitter's Companion because it is portable. It has a lot of helpful "reminder" tips - Kitchener, buttonholes, etc.