PDA

View Full Version : Big score yesterday

crocee
03-21-2009, 09:41 AM
OK so I love 2nd hand shops and the deals I find there. Well yesterday was no exception. It looked like someone had donated their small stash and knitting supplies. Perfect for beginning knitter as those needle sets can get expensive. Now I think I have ALL the sizes I will ever need.
I got:
18 full skeins of yarn, various brands but mostly Bernat
25 sets of standard needles in various sizes and lengths
15 4 needle sets of dpn's in various sizes.
12 circs in various sizes and lengths.
9 afghan hooks in various sizes
3 crochet hooks various sizes.

All for, are ya ready??, $15. Now to search patterns for new projects.

suzeeq
03-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Oh good for you. Now you're set for a while.

crocee
03-21-2009, 10:01 AM
There is a lot of baby girl yarn in the mix and since I have a new granddaughter who will be ariving in June I thought it was great timing. My grandson is hard to knit for so he gets socks:) The baby girl will be so much fun to knit for.

MrsP
03-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow! That is great!! It was fate! :-)

VTBluebird
03-21-2009, 11:12 AM
On the big score, How come I never find stuff life that?:happydance: Anyhoo, I went to Center Harber, NH yesterday, to Patternworks, also on-line at www.patternworks.com if anyone would like to check it out. I picked up a pattern for the "Empire Waist Cap Sleeve Pullover", pattern by Sue McCain. I'm knitting it in the almost the same color as shown in the catalog and on-line, but a little darker color using Berrocco-Comfort and adjusting the gauge a little bit. I'll start back to work on March 30 (shoulder surgery), part-time, so I'm actually looking forward to that. I also visited Michael's and picked up several skeins of cotton sock yarn, as I am always knitting socks in addition to the larger projects. The pink sweater I was working on came out great, except for the fact that it didn't fit me in the bust and stretched out the cable motif in the center too much...... so, my 16 y/o daughter go that one and loves it. Now I have to convince her that she has to take care of it the right way and not just throw it in the washer and dryer and she'll ruin it!!!! Hoping some of you will join me for a chat tonight, around 9 p.m. or so???
Have a great Saturday everyone.

cheley
03-21-2009, 11:37 AM
OK so I love 2nd hand shops and the deals I find there. Well yesterday was no exception. It looked like someone had donated their small stash and knitting supplies. Perfect for beginning knitter as those needle sets can get expensive. Now I think I have ALL the sizes I will ever need.
I got:
18 full skeins of yarn, various brands but mostly Bernat
25 sets of standard needles in various sizes and lengths
15 4 needle sets of dpn's in various sizes.
12 circs in various sizes and lengths.
9 afghan hooks in various sizes
3 crochet hooks various sizes.

All for, are ya ready??, $15. Now to search patterns for new projects.:chair:

Simply_Renee
03-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Wow- I haven't ever found yarn @ the thrift stores! (and now, I look!) I do always find lots of handmade afghans though.

Great deal!

blessedtosew
03-21-2009, 03:12 PM
WOW!!! You did rack up. Enjoy!!

TEMA
03-21-2009, 04:52 PM
WOW! That is totally amazing...!:cool:
It looks like you won't be shopping for knitting supplies for a long time... at least not the essentials...:teehee:
Congratulations!
TEMA:knitting:

sorifes
03-23-2009, 02:16 AM
I've looked at the second hand stores here I'd NEVER get a deal that good. Good job!:thumbsup: Although I think everyone up here hoards their knitting stuff :teehee: