PDA

View Full Version : Crochet Edging for Washcloth??

knitpurlgurl
03-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I crocheted a sc washcloth for an intro to crochet class I taught. Not thinking about it beforehand, I am finding that my washcloth needs a little umph - maybe an edging. However, I didn't consider that when crocheting it so I didn't account for X amount of stitches. Is there an edging out there that looks nice and works well with an even number of stitches rather than a particular number of stitches? Thanks in advance. :aww:

Craw
03-22-2009, 10:30 AM
You could do a crab stitch, a.k.a. reverse single crochet, around the edges. It's just sc backwards. It works for any number of stitches and gives a nice, finished edge but nothing fancy. I think you would do a round of sc first, then the round of crab stitch.

MGM
03-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes, that is what I would suggest too...reverse single crochet! That is what I used on my granny square cotton cloth (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2009/03/two-short-stacks-coming-right-up-of.html) just recently and I think it adds just enough of a finishing touch without taking away from the main design. I also agree that a round of regular single crochet first would make it look even better, especially on a back and forth pattern.

Would love to see a picture!

MGM