PDA

View Full Version : Catherine Wheel difficulty level? 1st project

heathert
03-23-2009, 05:48 AM
I wanted to crochet a stroller blanket (I have until the end of Sept. according to the doctor!). I am new to knitting and have never crocheted. I spyed a Catherine Wheel stroller blanket pattern on ravelry and the levl of difficulty marked by people who have done it is fairly low. However, as I have never picked up a hook is this too large of a potentially frustrating project for me?

I picked up knitting quickly and certainly have time to do it but I don't have any idea how difficult crochet is. I live in Israel but can easily get hooks and yarn sent by anyplace that ships to an APO (most of them do).

MGM
03-23-2009, 08:16 AM
There is a video for that stitch which looks to be pretty good. You can find it HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr5mKyEDyt8). I would suggest giving it a try with some scrap yarn first to see if you can do it without previous crochet experience. It doesn't look hard, but if you are not familiar with crocheting techniques, some things may be confusing.

You could also practice the basics of crochet first before moving into this project, which might give you a little more confidence. You could use my videos (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/07/time-to-get-organized-crochet.html) or any others that you find helpful to get a good base knowledge of crochet. Then go for it! You'll never know until you try!

If you don't find that video mentioned above helpful, I would be happy to do a video for this stitch and post it on my website. It's one that I've wanted to do for a while anyway. Just let me know. But that one seemed quite good to me.

Congratulations to you! My first was born the end of September. It's a nice time to have a baby! But then I think anytime is!

MGM

heathert
03-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the video link! I will give it a try. I *just* found a yarn shop here with a google seach and it's 10 minutes away from me so I'm going scouting tomorrow.

The crazy thing is - I have one 18 mo daughter who was born on 9/14. The next one is due 9/20. I have 12 months a year and I do this to myself...2 birthdays in one week (hope it doesn't turn out to be the same day - gah!)

PamJ
03-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Congratulations!!