PDA

View Full Version : Detroit area knitters I have a question for you!

kbagel
03-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone!

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, I know smoke is coming out of my ears. And I'm thinking about opening a yarn store in the Detroit metro area. Specifically Bloomfield, West Bloomfield, Waterford area. Am I missing something or are there very few yarn stores, other than large chains, in that section of the city? Any ideas are appreciated!

So, some of you may be asking why Detroit? My location does say Brooklyn afterall. I grew up in Detroit, Woodhaven to be exact, moved to Cleveland for college, NYC for grad school and after living there for over 4 years I moved to LA. I've been wanting to go back to Detroit (I can't help it, I love Michigan) and have been thinking about opening a yarn store for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for your time!
Kristin

Ronda
03-30-2009, 06:53 AM
I live about an hour south of Detroit, so I'm not familiar with any LYS in that area. We are lucky enough to have a LYS down here in Lambertville, and there is ONE in Toledo that I'm aware of, but I have no idea what's up in the WB area. I hope you get to open your store! That sounds exciting.