PDA

View Full Version : NEW COMPUTER maybe: should I leave Sony Vaoi for Mac? (I think so)

VictoiseC
03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi! I've had my Sony Vaoi for about 6 years now and it's hit and miss everyday. Just when I think it's stuck and dying it makes this incredible comeback and is fast as heck like how dare you get rid of me. Anyhoo, I don't have the $ right now but maybe soon ... and those Apples sure look nifty. The white ones everybody seems to have... Any votes on what's the best/your favorite would be appreciated! I like the large size of my laptop but I LOVE the picture stuff on the mac. so cool

What will I do with my poor ol' Sony...oh dear

Jan in CA
03-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Apples are good, but they are different. If you can go to an Apple store and play with one for a while.

nephnie
03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
If you don't have an Apple store near you, Best buy sells them. They have special people just for the Macs that will answer all your questions. I <3 my mac and it's old.

Craw
03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
I have 3 Macs. An old G3 in the basement that just won't quit, a G4 laptop, and a G5 desktop. Macs rule. :mrgreen: Sounds like you're talking about the iMac. I never had one of those. If you've never been to an Apple Store you gotta go. You get to play with all the products. :woot:

evona
03-26-2009, 06:35 PM
I am partial to Macs! I love my G4 - still running strong :thumbsup: My kids use the G4 now and I have an iMac and my BF has a G5. We would love to get a Powerbook (one day :p) I would say go for a Mac! If you have a Mac store nearby you definitely should try them out because they are different (but in my opinion easier) Don't you live in NYC? You have an awesome Mac store there!!!

VictoiseC
03-27-2009, 05:09 PM
thanks much for your input! We do have two incredible Mac stores here... one was too busy (long long line) to get in the one time I went and this week I went down to the new one but forgot my glasses! so I'm going back to play with them. Wish they weren't so expensive.

evona
03-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I know the expense turns some people off, but they are well worth it. IMO Apples last longer than PCs, fail less often, their OS is way more secure, once you get the hang of them they are actually way simpler and more user friendly than PCs. I have never, not even once, had to yell at my Mac at home, but I have been frustrated to tears at my work PC :teehee:

auburnchick
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I agree with the others who have sung the praises of the Macs. I have a MacBook Pro, and I just love it!!! There was a learning curve, but it didn't take me long to feel comfortable at all!!!!

Lady Violet
03-27-2009, 10:52 PM
In a word, YES. Go for a Mac. I've had a Compaq Presario for I think about 6 years (I actually try not to think about it). I've wanted a Mac for longer than that, but this was a Christmas present from my parents, so what do you do... Anyways, dad got himself a Macbook "for Christmas" and OH MY GOODNESS. He enjoys doing stuff on it, but I just don't understand why he doesn't spend every single waking minute on that thing. Sometimes he even leaves it in the car when he comes home from school (he's a teacher). I love it. It's super fast (compared to a 6 year old laptop, what isn't, right?), looks great, has awesome programs, and you definitely do not need a mouse. At least I don't. The scrolling capability of the touchpad blows my laptop out of the water. As soon as I have the money (in about 100 years) I'm getting myself one. And when you do get your Mac (and yes, you WILL get a Mac), don't forget to get to get One to One. It's almost as cool as actually having a Mac. Every week you can go to the Apple store and have a Genius sit down with you for an hour and show you how to do almost anything imaginable with your Mac. And if you would like to know some things that you can do with a Mac that (as far as I know) you can't do with a non-Mac, how's this? This past Christmas my dad made calendars for everyone in the family that had all our birthdays and lots of family pictures. The quality beats what you would get with most commercial calendars. I can't remember how much they were, but they were cheap, especially considering that they were custom made. I made a book for my brother that had lots of pictures of the two of us. I got to customize everything. The book was a very high quality paperback, and it was only $10. I believe the shipping was only two or three dollars. The Apple store always has workshops going on, and dad took me to one that covered books and calendars a couple weeks before. Everything is seriously so easy. Oh my goodness. It boggles my mind how I can sit here still using my Compaq when there are Macs out there, and then I remember I have no money for one. :teehee:

So now that I've either solidified your decision or named myself the one person you most want to avoid for, um, forever, let us know when you get your Mac and post pictures!!! :mrgreen: