PDA

View Full Version : Pssst, hey buddy, want some dish soap?

Mike
03-28-2009, 02:24 AM
It's really primo stuff.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090328/ap_on_re_us/bootleg_detergent_14

Debkcs
03-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Mike, read much Robert Heinlein? I do believe that "the crazy years are upon us."

Jan in CA
03-28-2009, 11:05 AM
I am all for going green, but my products have to work. I would probably be fine with the eco dishwasher detergents because I rinse them pretty well to begin with.

Mike
03-28-2009, 01:17 PM
I've never read Heinlein and I don't do much reading any more. Too much light and too much concentrated looking is a migraine waiting to happen.

I am all for going green, but my products have to work. I would probably be fine with the eco dishwasher detergents because I rinse them pretty well to begin with.

I don't know how they are now but Shaklee Basic H used to be great and had no phosphates. I'm amazed they're not jumping on the ban, and if they are people who aren't happy with it must be stuck on wanting what they used to have. At least in the 70s and 80s it was better than dish soap for cleaning greasy pans.
The problem people had back then was diluting it enough so it was hard to rinse off.

zkimom
03-28-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty eco - conscious when it comes to cleaning products but I have to admit that my water is hard and those eco-friendly dishwashing products don't work at all for me. Even if I pre-wash everything. So, while I wash my floors, counters, appliances, clean my clothes and wash my body with non-toxic stuff, I am hard core when I load my dishwasher.

Sorry. I just like to eat off of clean dishes.

I would be smuggling right along with the rest of them. :teehee:

hartleystudio
03-28-2009, 05:14 PM
This is so funny!!! My husband just dismantled our dishwasher a few weeks ago and replaced some parts just to get the darn thing to work. It was all gooped up and icky on the inside so we were frustrated because it is only 4 years old. It still wasn't working properly and we were talking about it when I thought back and realized that I had switched to an "eco" dishwashing soap about the same time it started "malfunctioning." Lo and behold, I switched back and, tadaa!, the dishwasher is back to it's normal self. Two days later, yesterday, my husband shows me this same article.

I would TOTALLY smuggle dishwashing soap over the border. The eco kind does not work at all!! Greasy dishes with food all over them and it caked up the inside of the machine so badly we had to get some "degunking" stuff to run through it.

I buy lots of "friendly" products but, they have to work. I don't mind a little elbow grease but I was washing my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher and they came out dirtier than I had put them in!!!!!

Thanks for posting this Mike!!!

Jenelle
03-28-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm with pretty much all the others. We switched to Palmolive Eco and it just isn't the same. Dish washing liquid has been working well, I found one in Wal-Mart that is phosphate and dye free.

I just hope it doesn't gum up our dishwasher, since we just replaced our older one in June.