PDA

View Full Version : APRIL FOOLS! ....anchor cover pattern?

Jan in CA
04-01-2009, 01:14 AM
My DH wants me to make a knitted anchor cover. It needs to fit a 25 pound clawed anchor. Anyone have a pattern for one or know where to look? :?? And actually that yarn that Sandy is talking about in the April KAL might be perfect!

Shandeh
04-01-2009, 01:19 AM
Wow! What a challenge! You're a brave woman, Jan. :notworthy:
Good luck with that project.

wezyus
04-01-2009, 01:21 AM
@ JAN, wish u gud lucks n kip it uo

Debkcs
04-01-2009, 04:49 AM
Jan, I was a military nurse. Some people much less nice than I would send the new people to get "sky hooks" and other weird, nonexistent items. Is he pulling your leg?

Denise in Michigan
04-01-2009, 10:40 AM
:teehee: Happy first of the fourth month, Jan!

Jan in CA
04-02-2009, 01:09 AM
APRIL FOOLS! :roflhard:

No way in heck I'd knit an anchor cover! BTW Debkcs, my DH WAS in on it and when I told him what you said he laughed and said they used to do that, too. And sometimes they'd send guys to get 'prop wash'. :roflhard:

jess_hawk
04-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Jan, I was a military nurse. Some people much less nice than I would send the new people to get "sky hooks" and other weird, nonexistent items. Is he pulling your leg?
I worked in a hardware store, and once had a coworker call asking for a left-handed screwdriver. Not wanting to be rude just in case their was such a thing, I asked my supervisor, who picked up the phone and said, "Hello, Scott." Who promptly hung up on her.
It was much more amusing when this really spazzy kid started working there and he followed (the same) Scott around for about a week. Scott finally sent him off to look for a left-handed, metric crescent wrench, confident that the search should keep him busy for a while. All crescent wrenches are the same (metric v. standard, right v. left) but we had a whole section of wrenches for the poor kid to search. The kid caught on pretty quick - only took about an hour or so.

Shandeh
04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
:roflhard: