PDA

View Full Version : Yarn-Paradise.com

Lighting57
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Have any of you bought from this site? I see its' ad here. Their prices are great compared to the amount and they're less than KP's. If anyone can recommend a 100% wool from them, please let me know.

scout52
04-06-2009, 01:52 PM
I have bought from them. They have quick shipping. The yarn is gorgeous to work with. I used their alpaca silk blend. I have more yarn in my stash waiting to make a jacket.

I haven't yet worked with any of their 100% wool but their alpaca silk blends are just fabulous.

Jan in CA
04-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I hate their website. All that flashing and movement is really annoying.:zombie: I sent them a suggestion email, but if I'm the only one it annoys then they probably won't do anything.

Craw
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Looks like they're in Istanbul, Turkey. I knew it was too good to be true. I wouldn't take a chance ordering from so far away.

suzeeq
04-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Well the KH siteowners checked them out before accepting their ad, and they found no complaints with them. If I needed more yarn, I'd order from them. However.... I have a lot accumulated so I'm set for the next umpty years.

knitasha
04-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Looks like they're in Istanbul, Turkey. I knew it was too good to be true. I wouldn't take a chance ordering from so far away.

I don't have any experience with this company, but the fact that it's based in Turkey should not create problems. I have ordered several times from an eBay dealer in Turkey and my packages always arrived safely in about a week. (The stamps were beautiful.) Turkey is a major yarn producing center. The prices are cheap because local labor and other costs are probably lower than in the U.S. I have also ordered yarn from England, Scotland, Canada, Uruguay, Peru, Australia and New Zealand without any problems. Internet business is global; it's just as easy for a package to get lost between U.S. cities as between continents.

Simply_Renee
04-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't have any experience with this company, but the fact that it's based in Turkey should not create problems.

I agree. All of my Hobby Lobby brand yarn is made in Turkey, and while I haven't ordered from there I do ship and order internationally with very few problems, less than the continental US even. I shipped some books to Istanbul (no, Constantinople- sorry guys if you're singing now like me) and he got it in 4 days.

I found their site hard to navigate though.

ETA that Hippy Wool looks nice, good yardage & cheap.

Craw
04-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Still, I wouldn't bother. I can get whatever I need here in the states and even next-door neighbor Canada. The only time I had trouble with an order was recently when the person who sent my package got the address wrong and it was returned to the company, right within my own state. (shhhhh, but I don't believe they ever sent the order in the first place!)

Lighting57
04-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks everyone. I had seen the ICE yarn several times on ebay and the price just jumped out at me. I noticed that it was about half of that at KP. KP's prices are even lower than most. There is nothing local to me accept what is at Wal-Mart. My WM sucks in the craft department. They might as well just stop altogether if they can't do better.

I love the natural fibers but I can't afford the prices that most brands charge. To make anything of any size larger than one skein is out of my budget. I could afford the prices at this site.

suzeeq
04-07-2009, 10:29 PM
I thought about the Hippy wool too. If you buy some, let us know what it's like.

sheldon
04-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Yarn-paradise.com is a new advertiser here at KH. We vet our advertisers to ensure they meet our standards and are not fly-by-nights. They are locate in Turkey, however, they have been selling on eBay for years and people have been very pleased with their service and yarns. I noticed an earlier post where someone said they ordered from a Turkish seller on eBay. It was most likely the same folks who run this site.

Anyhow, if you do check them out, please do so by clicking on the banner link so they know your order came from KH. We don't get anything per se, but it does show them that their ad is being clicked on here at KH which will make them happy. And happy advertisers are more likely to keep advertising with us. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Sheldon

Abbily
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM
It's nobody's business but the Turks... :)

Thanks for this thread- I was wondering about that seller too, and it's good to know they are thoroughly vetted and that others like them!

scout52
04-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I have to again recommend them. I have spent quite a lot with them. seriously their yarn is lovely. and CHEAP. specially if you want to make a sweater jacket. and use luxury fibers. They package their yarn nicely so it won't get ruined in transit and they match dyelots (at least they did with me)

Here is my finished project with Maya 80% alpaca 20% silk
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2069/2325049534_79a86a32db.jpg[/URL]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2069/2325049534_79a86a32db.jpg

Phaedra
04-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Lovely sweater! Or shrug? Anyway........really nice!!

Abbily
04-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Gorgeous!

bambi
04-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for checking them out for us, SHeldon!

And, Scout, that is a lovely shrug!!!!!! Is the pattern commercially available?

Bambi

kellee0302
04-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I have ordered from them thru ebay and had trouble getting my order. The payment had hit my account and 2 weeks later I still did not have my yarn. I finally had to file a complaint on ebay and then finally received my order about a week after that.

scout52
04-10-2009, 05:04 PM
thanks The pattern is sarah's shawl collared cardigan. by white lies design here is the link http://whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lcardigans/136.html

Kelly you had trouble through ebay really? I first found them on ebay which is where I got the yarn for the above sweater. I had no problems. I had good communications. I paid with paypal so they received the payment right away and then I seriously received my packaged like 4 days later. And then i ordered a bunch more through their regular site. which again received the yarn right away. They mailed it airmail if I remember correctly. colourmart does as well. they always arrive fast as well.

Lighting57
04-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Scout what gauge did you get with the yarn you used for the shrug in the picture? Have you washed it yet, and if you have, how does the yarn look now? And thanks for your comments.

scout52
04-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't exactly but I do remember that I was able to get the pattern guage. The sweater was washed and blocked. I used eucluan wool wash to wash it. I sent some of it to the reciepient. THe sweater is holding up very well. She is handwashing it as instructed. And there is very little pilling. It is alpaca so its is a little halo effect now.

Lighting57
04-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Was it like worsted thickness or DK?

scout52
04-13-2009, 01:26 PM
The Maya is a worsted weight. it is 10 wpi.