PDA

View Full Version : Burned finger=delayed project

GirlChris
04-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I am such a dork, I burned my finger by accidentally touching a hot pie plate. :aww: It doesn't look bad at all but now whenever I try to knit it hurts. It's my left pointer finger so as a continental knitter that's where my yarn sits and I use it to give a tug to get my stitches tight/even. Looks like I'll have to take a day or two off. :(

I knew you guys would understand my gripe.

TEMA
04-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Oh, dear, that is too bad! :verysad:
Even knitting English method would not really help. I use my left pointer for pushing the right needle in...
Perhaps this is the time to read up on some good knitting books and find some new patterns...
TEMA

bambi
04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Yeeeoooowwwwch!:!!!:

I can sympathize. I cook lots and I almost always slice fingers on my left hand holding the food...The last time I did it, I got that liquid bandage and finger bandaids and kept right on working but you really couldn't do that as well with a burn. :knitting:

Happy healing. Hope the pie was good at least. :thumbsup:

Bambi

Craw
04-07-2009, 09:31 AM
I can sympathize with you. I just did this myself. My whole left hand got a pretty good burn. I was dumb and put my hand on the burner of my electric stove to check if it was hot. Oh yeah, it was! It was a while before I could knit again. Here's hoping you heal quickly!

knittingincarolina
04-07-2009, 01:13 PM
I know that had to hurt, because I've done it too. Maybe you could try finger cots (rubber sleeves that fit over fingers) or tegraderm pads. Hopefully you won't be out of commission for too long.

stisdale
04-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Man I hate it when I'm out of knitting commission! I hope your getting healed right up! Sometimes I knit so much that I start to get pain in my fore arms and cramps in my fingers... it sucks when you overdo it because you're trying to finish a project, only to have to take a few days off because your fingeres/hands are killing you!!

knittingincarolina
04-08-2009, 02:04 PM
When I overdo it, I end up with "tennis" elbow, and I haven't touched a tennis racquet since high school. I end up wearing a pressure band near my elbow for several days.

GinnyG
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I absolutely understand and I am so sorry!!!!!

The other day I was fixing dinner and I sliced the end of my finger with a very sharp knife. My FIRST thought, before I even looked to see haw bad the damage was, was OH NO I WON'T BE ABLE TO KNIT!!!!:roflhard: Luckily it was only a little cut and dind't keep me from my needles.

knittingincarolina
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Ginny, my first thought would be how am I going to keep from getting blood on my yarn. :oops: Sometimes I think I am so addicted to knitting that I would stand on my head to keep knitting.:wink: