PDA

View Full Version : Alpaca Mittens

dustinac
04-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Mom, Linda, and me all decided get the kits from Knit Picks to make the Andean Chullo hat. We always place our orders together to get the free shipping and then when I go down I pick up my stuff or mom brings it up to me. Anyways when I seen the hat at Christmas time, I realized I would never wear it...so I made mittens using the charts.
On the front of the hand is a big Alpaca and then on the palm is small alpacas. The thumb is like a wave/ripple...I forgot about the thumb on the first one and had to cut my sts to work one in :wall:.

I'm still not sure about all the colors, I think I would have liked it better in 2. Mom and Linda now want to make mittens instead so I need to work the mitten pattern another time, cause I'm not happy with the thumb yet :teehee:

Yarn: Knit Picks Palette
Needle: Size 1

Jan in CA
04-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I prefer simpler colors and patterns myself usually, but those are really cute! :yay:

Anarfea
04-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Way to adapt the charts to another pattern!

And you know, I had the same feeling about that Chullo. I really want to knit it, but I know I'd never wear it. So I'm trying to find someone on my list of friends and family who would...

Also, Nanette Blanchard has some useful tips on her blog (http://knittingincolor.blogspot.com/) on how to make different kinds of thumbs. I also bought her self published books on stranded knitting and glove knitting which I used to design a pair of convertable mittens for my boyfriend.

I might post a photo if I can ever get around to taking one...

Slim
04-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Beautiful color work! Just lovely.

MerigoldinWA
04-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Those turned out very cute. I like lots of color. Did you have to change all the colors yourself or was it some sort of self striping thing on any of it? Is the dark color black or brown?

AngieLanigan
04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I LOVE these! The colour work is wonderful, and I love the alpacas!

dustinac
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
:hug:Thanks everyone!

Also, Nanette Blanchard has some useful tips on her blog (http://knittingincolor.blogspot.com/) on how to make different kinds of thumbs. I also bought her self published books on stranded knitting and glove knitting which I used to design a pair of convertable mittens for my boyfriend.

I might post a photo if I can ever get around to taking one...

:thumbsup: Thank you for the link! Please post your mittens we wanna see them :happydance:

Those turned out very cute. I like lots of color. Did you have to change all the colors yourself or was it some sort of self striping thing on any of it? Is the dark color black or brown?

Nah I had to change the colors you and had a blast weaving in all those ends :rofl:...it's brown... all the yarns came in the hat kit :thumbsup:

GirlChris
04-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Those re great, the pattern and colors are perfect.

Abbily
04-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Dustina, those are fabulous! You did a great job on the thumbs!

wezyus
04-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Its gr888...wel done ..thsk for sharing

ArtLady1981
04-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Well I personally love the variety of colors set against the chocolate brown!

Really, it is very cheery, like a bowl of M n' M's!

I love your mitts just as they are!

WandaT
04-10-2009, 07:36 AM
They turned out incredible!!! Great job! Love the beautiful colors!

margz3
04-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm impressed! They look fantastic!

dustinac
04-14-2009, 08:50 AM
:hug:Thanks everyone!

lulubell
04-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Luv Luv Luv them!!