PDA

View Full Version : sweater to kimono

sorifes
04-14-2009, 03:38 AM
Okay so I've been knitting along on my 5 hour baby sweater making my own fan and feathering at the bottom. So anyhow I finished it today other then the little ties I have to put on it.

I put it together and something happened....one side is a lot wider on the bottom then the other. Maybe I didn't do my fan and feather right or somehow it added too many stitches with out me noticing but I don't think so cause it always came out even. :??

Anyhow here's a pic of it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/sorifes/09413002.jpg

I've decided that the person I'm giving it to will never find out I messed up and it will be wrap sweater. :)

Anyhow if someone can enlighten me at maybe what happened here maybe I'll remember not to do it again and do it right the next time

FYI
I had 86 sts to work with I did my fan and feather pattern as
K5 K2tog twice k1 yo twice. Then K2tog four times K1 yo four times across to the last three sts and K3. It always came out even maybe I should have counted while I knitted more often.

suzeeq
04-14-2009, 10:00 AM
That's a deceptively simple stitch pattern that's very sneaky. You must have added extra YOs along the way or forgot some k2togs somewhere.

sgtpam
04-14-2009, 08:31 PM
If I got an "accidental" result like that, I'd quick write down what I did so that I could do it again before I tried to figure out how to "fix" it for next time, ...it's a great look! :notworthy:

And NO....I wouldn't even think of telling:teehee: