PDA

View Full Version : This woman has an amazing voice...A Must Listen!

mwhite
04-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Have y'all listened to this? Found a discussion on Ravelry in "Remnants"....

Susan Boyle is her name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

sabrinasmom
04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
:yay: :yay: :yay:
BEAUTIFUL. I have never seen a crowd react the way this one did. Susan deserves it.

struggleknit
04-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Susan is wonderful. She should have made the big time long before now.

ladyjessica
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Gorgeous! This just goes to show that a person doesn't have to be spectacularly beautiful or thin or stylish to be crazy talented. She just needed a chance and I hope she goes far.

MoniDew
04-15-2009, 10:28 PM
totally agree! I was moved to tears!

cdjack
04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
My husband and I watched that about four times last night. Amazing!
She gave us chills...

sue in canada
04-15-2009, 10:40 PM
I saw that a couple of days ago. What a voice, so unexpected. Here is an interview with her when she got back home. Not so easy to understand but quite interesting.
http://www.susanboyle.co.uk/susan-boyle-interview/

Ronda
04-16-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm so glad this is making its rounds on the Internet. This woman's voice is incredible. I am ashamed to admit that I (like everyone else) prejudged her. How shallow can we all be?

Sue - that interview was difficult to understand!

Sunshine's Mom
04-16-2009, 10:41 AM
She makes me cry, she's so beautiful. That voice and her personality are complete winners. She WILL be in musicals. How could the musical theater NOT snatch her up in a heartbeat?

Jan in CA
04-16-2009, 11:19 AM
That's amazing!

Wanda Witch
04-16-2009, 11:50 AM
I agree with all of the above comments. She brought both my husband and me to tears. It is too bad our society today judges one on their physical looks. To me, the woman is beautiful. She deserved the standing ovation and many more years of thrilling audiences with her God-given talents. :yay: :yay: :yay:

MMario
04-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Hopefully she will get, at a minimum, a recording contract. Right now YouTube is averaging a million hits a day on her clips - so there is a market out there for her.

mwhite
04-17-2009, 02:56 PM
I agree with all of the above comments. She brought both my husband and me to tears. It is too bad our society today judges one on their physical looks. To me, the woman is beautiful. She deserved the standing ovation and many more years of thrilling audiences with her God-given talents. :yay: :yay: :yay:

I certainly agree with this!

KnittingNat
04-18-2009, 07:38 AM
I and DH were the same - tearful and touched at her performance! She's amazing! And i loved to see Simon's face change!
And a favor to ask all of our British knitters - please vote for her Crossed Fingers!

mwhite
04-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Jan posted another song Susan's sung: Cry Me A River (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90815)

miccisue
04-20-2009, 08:06 AM
So, did anyone else read on one of the entertainment news pages (probably Yahoo, but can't remember for sure) where Simon Cowell has come out and said basically that she hasn't won the competition yet, and there are a lot of other acts that are also very, very good?

Seems the internet sensation she's created has put "Britain's Got Talent" on the spot......I just hope she doesn't get passed over because of it - you know, the whole "unfair advantage" thing and all. I don't see how she couldn't win (and her talent puts the kids on "American Idol" this season to shame, IMHO. Too bad we can't see someone like her on that show - and I have seen earlier season's auditions where there were younger women that had fantastic voices, but lacked "visual appeal" for whatever reason and were rejected. Ticked me off to no end!)

Wishing her all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizardknits
04-23-2009, 08:03 PM
that one is from 1999, from a charity cd which only sold 10, 000 copies. the producers were looking for unknowns and when she auditioned to sing on the cd, they were blown away