PDA

View Full Version : FO- Summer baby dress

Lieuvena
04-17-2009, 01:02 PM
This is the Baby Jacquard dress that a couple others members have made. I really liked the dress and wanted to make one for my daughter. I was really happy with it up until the end. The picking up stitches around the top just did not go well for me. You can see in the pictures that my straps will not lay flat. I picked up and tore out the top 5 times!!! I'm tired of picking up all those stitches so I'm calling it done and it can be a play dress.:teehee:

On the bright side, my daughter is incredibly cute and can make anything look good:teehee: . Maybe people will be too taken with her to notice the crummy dress!!:roflhard:

ritaw
04-17-2009, 01:10 PM
The dress looks Lovely and to be honest i think it looks fab ! Your daughter is adorable and shows it off brilliantly :)

Jan in CA
04-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I think it's a really cute dress and your daughter is adorable! :inlove:

How did you attach those? The shouldn't pop open on other page like that. :??

Lieuvena
04-17-2009, 02:14 PM
How did you attach those? The shouldn't pop open on other page like that. :??
I have no idea why they are doing that!:???: I am doing it the same way I always have and that didn't use to happen. They used to just get larger when you click on them. The last few pics I've posted have opened up to new pages though. I use the paperclip icon, upload, and then click manage attachments. Don't know what's changed between then and now.:shrug:

Jan in CA
04-17-2009, 02:27 PM
I have no idea why they are doing that!:???: I am doing it the same way I always have and that didn't use to happen. They used to just get larger when you click on them. The last few pics I've posted have opened up to new pages though. I use the paperclip icon, upload, and then click manage attachments. Don't know what's changed between then and now.:shrug:

Okay. I'm going to let Sheldon know so he can fix something if it's broken.

AngieLanigan
04-17-2009, 03:30 PM
So cute! Maybe if you put a little t-shirt type onsie underneath, the straps wouldn't be as noticable? Mind, I totally don't see the issue with the straps, I'm just taking your word for it LOL

It's really pretty, regardless. I love the colours!

margz3
04-17-2009, 03:43 PM
For what it's worth, the straps look just fine to me! But I know what you mean about picking up stitches - ugh! Your daughter is just adorable too! You're right - no one will notice anything off (not that I do either!) with her in it :)

HollyP
04-17-2009, 05:23 PM
The dress is soo cute as is the model! I don't see anything wrong with the straps either. Maybe it is a mistake only you as the knitter will ever notice!

WandaT
04-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Too cute!!! Both the dress and your daughter! Frustrating about those straps, I'm sure though. I just love the way this yarn works up.

ArtLady1981
04-18-2009, 02:36 AM
Not a crummy dress AT ALL! Knit with patience and love!
You can't get better than that, and YES, your darlin' daughter could wear anything and look adorable!

knittingymnast
04-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Aww! That's adorable! Your daughter is really cute! The dress looks great on her! You should be proud.

GirlChris
04-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Oh, it looks adorable. looks perfect to me and she will be in constant motion so no one would notice anything anyway. LOL She's such a cutie pie!

lulubell
04-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Sorry, but I have studied the pictures and I cannot see where anything is wrong! Your baby is a honey!

wezyus
04-21-2009, 01:34 AM
ohhh its so beautiful n nice on the little adorable doll...u shud be proud of ur work n ur little darling...thnks for sharing

Knit4Pie
04-21-2009, 05:26 AM
It is just too cute for words. The model as well. I honestly can't see anything wrong with it, but I know how when you knit something you don't find perfect, that's all you can see. Trust me, other's probably won't notice.