PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who do....

MoniDew
04-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Those of you who :pray:
Please do. For my business. It's been an extremely difficult year, and I'm very worried that I am now hurting, rather than helping my family. We need for this to be successful. Desperately.

Thank you.

mwhite
04-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Prayers going up for you!

HollyP
04-18-2009, 11:24 AM
:thumbsup: No problem. I hope it all works out for you! BTW congrats on the weight loss!! You are doing great!!

sgtpam
04-18-2009, 02:34 PM
:pray:

Simply_Renee
04-18-2009, 08:53 PM
:hug:

Doodknitwit
04-18-2009, 09:47 PM
:hug: :pray:

saracidaltendencies
04-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Sending good vibes your way! :hug:

biztec
04-19-2009, 08:50 AM
:pray: We've been through tough times before as well. Phillippians 4:6-7 always helped.

MoniDew
04-20-2009, 02:48 PM
BLESSINGS back to all of you!

And, to those of you who have made recent purchases:
THANK YOU! :muah:

Abbily
04-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Praying for you!!

Debkcs
04-24-2009, 02:51 AM
:pray:

Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time with your business right now. Seems that none of my friends are buying anything they don't have to buy.

MoniDew
04-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you for CONTINUING to pray. It IS effective! I had approximately 6 sales in 3 days, so the tide is beginning to turn.

I was able to pay all of my bills, except for one, (husband's hospital stay) with $18.00 left over for groceries and gas this week. :aww:

Business has $13.00 in its account, for postage (mailing out packages) and sampling supplies.

In other words, we're no longer in the hole, but we're barely out of it, too.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. AND KEEP PRAYING!

LadyFirelyght
04-24-2009, 01:01 PM
I got some of your tea yesterday. I love your packaging! I haven't had a cup yet, but it smells divine. I can't wait to try it! (I got the coconut truffle)

MoniDew
04-24-2009, 04:40 PM
WOW! Thank you so much! (so, you're one of my angel "investors"!)

Arielluria
04-24-2009, 06:41 PM
I understand, and will definitely keep you, your family and your decisions in prayer. I too have had to wonder if it's worth it to stay in business, and whether it hurts more than helps our lives. The Lord will guide you if you ask.

LadyFirelyght
04-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I figured we both win. You get my money, I get yummy tea!

I have a question, though. I can't seem to get the tea strong enough. I've tried steeping double batches, but even when I only use 6oz of water, it seems like it's too weak for my taste. Any recommendations?

Even though my errors have made it not as strong, it's still yummy. Especially with half and half! Om nom nom

MoniDew
04-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Are you using the correct amount of tea? (instructions on the back of the tin, and on my website)

You may try brewing the tea "loose" in another vessel, such as an empty jar, or even a bowl - instead of using an infuser or teaball. (Then, strain as you pour into your mug.) Loose tea needs to unfurl; bloom. Even if the correct amount is used, if it has no room to expand, it's not going to do anything.

If that still doesn't get it strong enough, then try more tea.
1 1/2 tsp - 1 Tbs per 8-12 oz mug.

:teehee:And, I agree about using half and half - that's what I use when sampling out my teas. (the kind without the hormones added)

PS: Are you (ladyfirelyght) aka Brit McKay? Your blog says Lydia...

biztec
04-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey Monica,
I'm voiding the refund check you sent me. I wasn't even aware the tea was on sale and was happy with the price I paid!
Blessings,
Burma

LadyFirelyght
04-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Are you using the correct amount of tea? (instructions on the back of the tin, and on my website)

You may try brewing the tea "loose" in another vessel, such as an empty jar, or even a bowl - instead of using an infuser or teaball. (Then, strain as you pour into your mug.) Loose tea needs to unfurl; bloom. Even if the correct amount is used, if it has no room to expand, it's not going to do anything.

If that still doesn't get it strong enough, then try more tea.
1 1/2 tsp - 1 Tbs per 8-12 oz mug.

:teehee:And, I agree about using half and half - that's what I use when sampling out my teas. (the kind without the hormones added)

PS: Are you (ladyfirelyght) aka Brit McKay? Your blog says Lydia...
I'll definitely try that. Thanks! I think maybe I was putting too much in the infuser. I need to learn to read :P

Brit is my husband :) We share a paypal account because paypal only allows one account to link to our bank account.

MoniDew
04-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Hey Monica,
I'm voiding the refund check you sent me. I wasn't even aware the tea was on sale and was happy with the price I paid!
Blessings,
Burma
oh, goodness! All right. I just needed to be honest in my business practices, and be fair to my customer. If this is your wish, then, you are a blessing to me!!!!

MoniDew
04-26-2009, 02:46 PM
I'll definitely try that. Thanks! I think maybe I was putting too much in the infuser. I need to learn to read :P

very common to overpack the infuser. don't feel badly!

Brit is my husband :) We share a paypal account because paypal only allows one account to link to our bank account.
okay - yes, I understand.

So happy to have met so many new tea loving friends here!!! You ALL are such a blessing!