PDA

View Full Version : Need Magic Loop Advice

knitpurlgurl
04-18-2009, 04:45 PM
I want to knit up a pattern called Duckies (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/duckies) from Ravelry. I've only knit a couple of socks and prefer the magic loop. The pattern asks you to CO 48 st and to work the heel flap over 25 st. I'm used to dividing the stitches in equal halves. Should I just divide the stitches so that 25 st are on one needle and 23 st are on the other when I first pull the cable up through so that this works out?

Thanks in advance! :flirt:

suzeeq
04-18-2009, 04:48 PM
That's fine. Sts don't have to be divided exactly half on one and half on another for ML to work. Whatever makes it easier for you to knit the pattern is what's important.

Freyja
04-18-2009, 06:23 PM
The heel might be 23, to give the instep pattern more space from the pearl section.

LadyFirelyght
04-19-2009, 10:16 AM
I made Duckies a couples months ago. But I did them on DPNs, so I can't answer you question. I just wanted to mention the fact that I <3 my Duckies :)

Songbirdy
04-19-2009, 01:41 PM
yes, transfer the stitches by pulling the cable so that the working sts for the heel flap are on the same needle. Later on you can redistribute the stitches once on the leg. The reason you have extra sts is so that the gusset will be slightly larger. With only 48 sts you need the extra sts.

hths!