PDA

View Full Version : circular needles

allynealy
04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
I need help, please :)
I bought a denise set and really like it. I need some smaller needles now. I was thinking knit picks harmonies.
So, my question, what sizes are most useful? I thought that I would get size 0,1,2,3 in fixed circular 47" and that would allow me to do magic loop. Do I need all of those sizes, or can you substitute different sizes without too much difference?
Also, what calls for 16" circulars in those sizes? Do I need to get more cable lengths?
I am new to knitting and really like magic loop. I tried dpns and don't really like them. I am going to stick with the circulars.
I am planning to do socks, hats, baby sweaters, gloves, diaper covers, babylegs, and maybe one day a sweater for myself.
TIA,
Allyson

suzeeq
04-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Those sizes will be good for socks or sweaters and baby things made with thin yarn. Those sizes in 16" can make hats and sweater sleeves (for adult sizes) so I don't see much use for them. You could get a 30-36" length cord (one that makes that length when the needles are added) and they would be useful. You probably want larger sizes though - 6 through 10 would be good.

knittingymnast
04-20-2009, 08:49 PM
16", 24", and 29" can be used for socks too!!

Knitting_Guy
04-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Yep, I'd say all those sizes are handy to have.