PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a sweater pattern

AngieLanigan
04-20-2009, 09:53 AM
So I was out on Friday night signing up the boys for soccer this summer, and I saw a woman wearing this gorgeous sweater. I've been poking around on Ravelry some, looking for it, but I'm not having much luck going through the hundreds of patterns... I don't know what terminology I might use to make the search easier. I'm hoping someone knows of a pattern similar, or can help make my search more effective. Maybe this style of sweater has a name I don't know about, or something.

So. The sweater (sorry I'm such a blabbermouth LOL). It was a cardigan, and held closed with 2 (maybe 3) buttons in the front. The top and bottom of the sweater were done in garter stitch, I believe. The middle of the sweater was done in ribbing (2x2 I'd guess, or close to it). So from the top of the ribcage (right where an empire waist would fall) down there was a good 6-8" of ribbing. This is where it buttoned, too. It made for really great shaping, the way the ribbing caused the sweater to fit snugly in the middle area.

The top of the sweater lay open (due to the buttons only in the middle), and it had a large collar... not sure if collar is the right term? Lapels-ish? Something :?? Sorry, like I said, I'm not up on sweater terminology LOL

Anyway, if anyone knows of a sweater pattern similar to this, I'd be so grateful! Thank you!

suzeeq
04-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Look at Mr Greenjeans (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATTgreenjeans.html)... you could garter the yoke and do plain rib instead of the cables and rib. There's no collar though...

Check on Ravelry Angie. Use the Advanced search feature in Patterns and choose cardigan. Then add keywords like collar + garter + rib to narrow it down.

AngieLanigan
04-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the idea, Sue. I didn't know you could search with keywords/tags like that. I found a pattern very very close to what I'm looking for, in the Spring 2008 Interweave Knits. So I'll order a copy of the magazine when I'm ready to knit it... have to find the perfect yarn, first! Thanks so much!

Jan in CA
04-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Don't wait too long to order it, they do sell out sometimes! :thumbsup:

suzeeq
04-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Check knittingdaily (http://www.interweavestore.com/Knitting/Patterns/Cardigans-Jackets.html) to see if you can get just the pattern only. They sell a lot of individual ones.

AngieLanigan
04-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks! I'm going to check there, and if they don't have it, see if I can find someone who has the magazine and is willing to sell it. I can buy it from the site, but with shipping and the Canadian exchange, it's going to cost me almost $20... a bit more than I want to spend for just one pattern, unfortunately.

I just checked, and you can buy the pattern individually. Yay! It doesn't give me shipping options, has anyone ordered from them before? If you just order one pattern, do they give it to you in a pdf (because that would be great)?

suzeeq
04-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Yes, I believe they send you a pdf, or a link to download it. You can go to the Ravelry group (http://www.ravelry.com/groups/book-destash--iso-library) for books, patterns and magazines if you want to search for the magazine anyway.