PDA

View Full Version : Knitting dudes: extinct?

TheMadKnitter
04-20-2009, 11:24 PM
I wish I could see more of these--> :guyknitting: :inlove:

Personally I LOVE finding guys who knit. I think it makes them sexier. :flirt: And so much easier to talk to! :woot:

Jan in CA
04-20-2009, 11:47 PM
There are a bunch of male knitters here in KH. :thumbsup:

cresmoon
04-21-2009, 12:25 AM
I met one at work yesterday! An older gentleman came in with his wife to ask about macrame and sometime during the convo I mentioned to him that I use youtube to view knitting videos and he mentioned that his mother taught him to knit when he was "that high" (very young, in other words).

blueygh2
04-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Here I am :D Not extinct yet.

Mike
04-21-2009, 02:04 AM
I rarely go anywhere to knit so you probably won't see me.

biztec
04-21-2009, 07:42 AM
You need to talk to Mason. He's a cool guy who knits! He'll probably see your post and reply.

MMario
04-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Knitters with the 'y' chromosme are more common then you might think.

TheMadKnitter
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Woo! Awesome. ^^ :yay:

Spokaloo
04-21-2009, 04:47 PM
You need to talk to Mason. He's a cool guy who knits! He'll probably see your post and reply.

Where is Mason, anyway? Has anyone heard from him recently? :?? I haven't seen any postings from him since I don't know how long. Or have I just not seen them?

Plantgoddess+
04-21-2009, 06:38 PM
He was stuck in Wyoming I believe waiting out a snow storm. That was several days ago.

knittingymnast
04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Like Jan in CA said, there are many male knitters in his forum. Get to know them!! :thumbsup:

suzeeq
04-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Mason got out of the storm (we're having 70 here now) and delivered his load. When he's on the road he doesn't post much unless he gets stuck by weather or breakdowns, or waiting for a load.

albertpollard
04-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi, saw your inquiry. We aren't dead just busy, busy, busy, :guyknitting::frog:
I have recently taken up knitting and have a few FO's under my belt.

TEMA
04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Sure wish I could get my dh interested in knitting.... for one thing it would give us something to do together and for another - I bet he wouldn't be so bored all the time.
He won't even consider it.:shrug:
Men used to knit - in the beginning...
TEMA

Jeremy
04-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Not only do I knit but I was taught to knit by another male knitter among others. He was taught to knit by his grandmother.

swcheng15
04-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Sure wish I could get my dh interested in knitting.... for one thing it would give us something to do together and for another -
He won't even consider it.:shrug:

I agree. My husband likes watching me knit though...he finds it fascinating. I "taught" him how to crochet, and after that, he wasn't so amazed anymore. Perhaps I prefer the fascination?? :)

Knitting_Guy
04-24-2009, 10:42 PM
We male knitters are alive and well. I can't speak for all of us but I can be found knitting in bars, saloons, and truck stops all around the country :mrgreen:

blueygh2
04-25-2009, 09:07 AM
I can be found knitting or crocheting on the train from Luxembourg to Liege :D

TheMadKnitter
04-27-2009, 07:25 PM
We male knitters are alive and well. I can't speak for all of us but I can be found knitting in bars, saloons, and truck stops all around the country :mrgreen:

Do other guys give you grief about knitting?

albertpollard
04-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Many of my co-workers were aware that I crocheted, (and now knit). They haven't given me grief, I've actually received a lot of positive comments.

knitasha
04-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Ravelry has a men's group with 113 members, plus a number of local men's knitting groups (Denver, London....).

My knitting and spinning groups on Ravelry all have males actively participating.

A number of excellent knitting blogs are also run by men. Among them: Brooklyn Tweed (Jared Flood) and The Panopticon (Franklin Habit).

Knitting_Guy
04-27-2009, 09:39 PM

Not usually but I did recently slug one for being especially rude about it.

cacunn
04-27-2009, 11:26 PM

Lets see I carry my knitting most places I go and knit when I stop for more than a few moments. However, since I stand 6 foot 1 inch and weight 289 pounds few give me a problem. It is interesting to be knitting in public while wearing my kilt. But who will give a guy trouble for knitting in public when he has a knife in his hand knit hose. :roflhard:

:guyknitting::frog::guyknitting:

Knitting_Guy
04-27-2009, 11:33 PM
But who will give a guy trouble for knitting in public when he has a knife in his hand knit hose. :roflhard:

:guyknitting::frog::guyknitting:

:roflhard:

I'm not a little fellow either and don't normally get much crap about it.

TheMadKnitter
04-29-2009, 12:04 AM
I must say I am jealous-- I'm 5'3" ish. I do, however, know how to radiate waves of "**** OFF." And I take self-defense, and know bits and pieces of three different styles of martial arts. :3 :biting: :angelgrin: :teehee:

thecanfield
04-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Iím a guy and I knit.
You can find me knitting ALL the time.
I never get negative feed back about knitting, usual itís positive surprisingly.

OffJumpsJack
04-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm a :guyknitting:

Chris C. where did you get that avatar you use. It is the first "three fold" illusion I've seen. Quite extraordinary.

cacunn
04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm a :guyknitting:

Chris C. where did you get that avatar you use. It is the first "three fold" illusion I've seen. Quite extraordinary.

It came from http://brainden.com/eye-illusions.htm.

Woodi
04-29-2009, 08:41 PM
My 83-year old Dad still knits. He lives in a retirement home and refuses to join the knitting group of ladies who meet each week. BUt I think it's because he doesn't want to offend my Mom, who has lost the use of her right arm. She was the knitter.

emeraldee
05-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I just taught my boyfriend to knit (after learning just 2 weeks before). Youre right it does give us something to talk about or do if we don't want to spen the money on a date! Get a boy and then turn him is what I say!

cacunn
05-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I see a book here - "Guys who knit and the women that love them; He knits for her" - Now if only I could write and had a bunch of patterns to include.

Spokaloo
05-01-2009, 04:57 PM
I just taught my boyfriend to knit (after learning just 2 weeks before). Youre right it does give us something to talk about or do if we don't want to spen the money on a date! Get a boy and then turn him is what I say!

But then who do you get to kill the spiders? :)

TheMadKnitter
05-02-2009, 07:47 PM

That would be awesome... The problem with that though wouldn't be turning a boy but getting him in the first place. :wall:

biztec
05-03-2009, 08:30 AM
It came from http://brainden.com/eye-illusions.htm.
Okay, I see the woman and the old man. What's the third????

cacunn
05-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Okay, I see the woman and the old man. What's the third????

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/customavatars/avatar24464_2.gif

Look at the woman and envision the line on the neck as the mouth of an older woman. The young womans chin is the older woman's nose.

biztec
05-03-2009, 08:43 AM

Look at the woman and envision the line on the neck as the mouth of an older woman. The young womans chin is the older woman's nose.
Thanks! I see it now!

emeraldee
05-04-2009, 11:41 PM
But then who do you get to kill the spiders? :)

lol!! Yeah It's pretty hard to get him to kill spiders when he's distracted with knitting! :eyes:

That would be awesome... The problem with that though wouldn't be turning a boy but getting him in the first place. :wall:

Oh don't say that! Maybe the next tim youre at the lks you'll catch some hunk's eye! ;)

OMG that's nuts! Super cool! :zombie:

TheMadKnitter
05-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh don't say that! Maybe the next tim youre at the lks you'll catch some hunk's eye! ;)

Hasn't happened yet. I found one guy in my class who seems to be an island of sanity. And he's NOT. INTERESTED. AT ALL. I think it hasn't even dawned on him yet that I'm interested. Why is it that at this age being not-that-feminine wins you a free chastity belt???