PDA

View Full Version : Help with a pattern

selectivehearing1
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
I am crocheting a pattern from Moda Dea Home Collection 1: Scalloped Stripes throw. I am having a very hard time figuring out row 5. Does anyone have any answers?

Row 5: Ch 3, sk first dc, 2 dc in next ch-2 sp, dc in next sc, *2 dc in next ch- 2 sp, dc in next dc, rep from * across to turning- ch-5, 2 dc under turning-ch-5, dc in third ch of turning-ch-5; turn

blueygh2
04-22-2009, 02:04 PM
What exactly is your problem?

OffJumpsJack
04-23-2009, 09:27 AM
I am crocheting a pattern from Moda Dea Home Collection 1: Scalloped Stripes throw. I am having a very hard time figuring out row 5. Does anyone have any answers?

Row 5: Ch 3, sk first dc, 2 dc in next ch-2 sp, dc in next sc, *2 dc in next ch- 2 sp, dc in next dc, rep from * across to turning- ch-5, 2 dc under turning-ch-5, dc in third ch of turning-ch-5; turn

Okay, so row four must have been [something like]...
Row 4: ch 5, dc (in some specific st of row 3), *ch 2, dc (is some specific st of row 3), rep from * across, dc in last st of row 3, turn.

One exception would be the single SC in row 4 that you mentioned and I marked for emphasis when quoting your post. I'll assumed that it was a minor transcription error.

So did you want all of row five in a full word descriptions? I guess I'll go with that.

After you turn at the end of row four, chain three to raise your hook to the DC level and skip the fist DC (because this turning chain counts as your first DC of row 5).

Repeat the following (two double crochet IN the next chain 2 space and then double crochet into the DC after each ch 2 space) until you only have the chain five remaining that began row 4. {Ah, now that is why I included reverse engineered row four instructions, vague though they may be.}

The top two chains [of the turning CH 5] are like the [other] ch 2 spaces so do two DC into the space below these chains then DC into the third chain from the top [of the turning CH 5]. (the bottom three chains [of the turning CH 5] counts as a DC that started row 4 but it was followed by a chain 2 space and so it looks like a [turning CH 5] all together.)

Row 5 is done so turn your work.

Good luck! Crossed Fingers

-Jack

P.S. I belatedly inserted [the turning CH 5] to be clear I was talking about the same "turning-ch-5" mentioned in the row 5 instructions you quoted. :oops: