PDA

View Full Version : pookabear

pookabear
04-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Can anyone tell me how to increase and keep the pattern stitch the same? It's driving me crazy. Thanks.

suzeeq
04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Could you tell us a little more about the pattern? A link to it or the name would help. And where are you increasing, sleeves, or what?

pookabear
04-24-2009, 12:04 PM
The increases are in the sleeve. The pattern is 20 rows. I don't know how to send it to you,

pookabear
04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Maybe this will help. The book is SUBLIME and the pattern is Pewppiw in Pink NS VLUW P. 24.

pookabear
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
I sorry for the missspellings. the pattern is Preppie in Pink and Blue.

suzeeq
04-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Ok, thanks, I found a picture of it on ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/preppie-in-pink-and-blue

For the sleeve, the increase sts are at the edges, so you will be adding on at the outside of the pattern st.

So say your pattern is - vvvvpppppvvvvpppppvvvv - you add in new sts (n) - vnvvvpppppvvvvpppppvvvnv and the next row would be vvvvvpppppvvvvpppppvvvvv, than after another inc you would have - vpvvvvpppppvvvvpppppvvvvpv
And after another inc it would be vppvvvvpppppvvvvpppppvvvvppv and keep add in the new sts to the pattern, while keeping the edge st always a knit on each RS row.

This may not quite be what your pattern really is, I'm just showing you how the middle sts of the pattern would stay the same, but the new sts get added however they would be knit if you had more sts to begin with. If you mess up a little, it may not show since they would be close to the seam.