PDA

View Full Version : KnitPicks Swish Bulky Yarn?

swcheng15
04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Hi all. I have yet to order anything from Knitpicks (Shame on me!). I usually order my yarn from Webs.com. However, I've been looking at the Swish Bulky Yarn fro KP. Has anyone used it before? It's a superwash wool and I'm planning on making a sweater out of the yarn. Does it hold up well? Any input would be fabulous! Thanks much!

Anarfea
04-24-2009, 06:19 PM
I can't advise on the swish bulky but I've kinit with the Swish DK which is the same fiber. I made a baby hat--I'm not sure how it held up as it was a gift and I haven't seen it since, but it was nice to work with, very soft. The colors were a lot brighter than I thought they would be, though. Now I bought a color card, to be sure.

knittingymnast
04-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah. It is very soft, but I'm not sure how well it holds up, as I also knit a hat for a gift.

Jan in CA
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
I haven't knit with it, but I've heard that it pills. Then again all wool pills so...:shrug:

LadyFirelyght
04-25-2009, 11:50 PM
When I used the worsted weight, it didn't pill at all. The recipient of the hat I made said it was holding up well the last time I checked. I also made baby socks with it and those pilled a little bit after extended use, but not anything major. Great colors and super soft, though!

Slim
04-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I used Swish Bulky for my Shalom cardigan. I love the yarn -- it's very soft and nice to work with. In use I've noticed a little pilling, but nothing that would prevent me from using it again. I think a sweater shaver or stone will be needed at some point, but I have worn the sweater a lot and love it! Here are pics: