PDA

View Full Version : Friday is Ravelry Day (yeah!)

Arielluria
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
In an effort to spend less time on Ravelry (and hopefully KNIT more!) I'm staying off until Friday (no restrictions over the weekend) :teehee:....I'm SO looking forward to Fridays now! :woot: So to all my Rav friends, look for replies to your PMs on Fridays ;)

Jan in CA
04-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Ack... I'm glad I have no restrictions. :teehee:

pinktoque
05-01-2009, 10:36 AM
me too, Jan! Though I admire Arielluria's resolve, determination and willpower! I admit I've made myself not get on Ravelry until dinner was made or I'd finished putting the laundry away, because I know that I'll get lost in the space of time which seems like it's only 5 minutes, but turns into 5 hours later and nothing gets done. Not even knitting!

That being said, I still don't think I could restrict myself to Fridays+weekend only. I start too many little projects or want to update projects with photos as they're in progress and I neeeeeeed to login. lol ;)

Arielluria
05-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Well, let me also say it's a self-imposed restriction, because like you, I spend WAY too much time there. 5 hours? Yeah, I can relate!
:flirt:

The thing is I haven't gone all week and I was able to answer 12 messages and 3 forum posts in about 10 minutes. I have so much housework, dogs, computer work to catch up on.

Also, I don't do it every week, just on weeks that I KNOW I will be shortchanging the other things if I do.

See y'all there :waving:

pinktoque
05-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Well, let me also say it's a self-imposed restriction, because like you, I spend WAY too much time there. 5 hours? Yeah, I can relate!
:flirt:

The thing is I haven't gone all week and I was able to answer 12 messages and 3 forum posts in about 10 minutes. I have so much housework, dogs, computer work to catch up on.

Also, I don't do it every week, just on weeks that I KNOW I will be shortchanging the other things if I do.

See y'all there :waving:

Oh no, I completely understand the reasoning behind it for sure! I find I neglect other little things like replying to friends' emails, emptying out the dishwasher or mopping the kitchen floor if I don't make myself stop and do those things before logging back into Ravelry lol :)

swcheng15
05-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Hehe. Just wanted to say YAY! for you, since you can go on ravelry today. Man, I spent a few hours on that site yesterday. How easy that is!