PDA

View Full Version : A Broken Ankle

MAmaDawn
05-07-2009, 10:23 PM
On Tuesday my laptop fall on my ankle. It hurt and swelled a little but wasn't that bad. Wednesday Goob stayed home to help me so I could stay off of it and be better today. Well last night it was more swollen than it was Tuesday night. So today I went to the dr. And it's broken right in the joint. They are making an appointment for me with the orthopedic surgeon.

Please pray for God to lead the Dr to whatever is needed. I don't want to have to have Sx, but if that's what I need I want to Dr to see it clearly.

I am on pain meds and they are helping. It still hurts just not near as bad.

Thank you all for the prayers

MoniDew
05-07-2009, 11:02 PM
so sorry that you're hurt! will :pray: for quick mending.
:hug: :grphug: :hug:

ritaw
05-08-2009, 05:56 AM
AWWW i am so sorry . I hope it does not need surgery . Good luck and speedy recovery ((((Huggz))))

Jan in CA
05-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh no! I hope they can fix it quickly and it heals with no problems!

Debkcs
05-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh please, stay off of it, the more pressure the worse it gets. I know this from personal experience.

I'll definitely be praying with you that it heals quickly, three little kids and surgery can be rough.

mks22300
05-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Ouch! I hope it heels quickly! :hug:

sue in canada
05-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Sending healing thoughts your way.

Crycket
05-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Sending healing thoughts your way.

Me too!

cindycactus
05-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Me too. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: Hope you heal fast.

MAmaDawn
05-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Thank you all so much. :hug:

I am staying off of it. The kids have been a great help! Even Jeremiah has. They are great kids! And dh has been helping too.

I should find out if I need surgery on Tuesday, that's when my appt is.

bailsmom
05-10-2009, 11:39 AM
What a tough break, literally. I hope you're foot is feeling better soon. :hug:

ritaw
05-11-2009, 02:18 AM
I hope you have been in little discomfort over the weekend . I will be thinking of you tomorrow when you go see your Doctor .
Good luck . x

MAmaDawn
05-13-2009, 10:43 PM
So I went to the orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday and found out that what looks like a break is really a from an injury that didn't heal properly before. I don't remember ever hurting my ankle like that, but I'm glad it not a break. He wants to see how it looks after it heals from the laptop, cuz it still really hurts from that and he said that it's a sprain. But that it's been long enough that I can walk on it, just don't over do it. So I'm still taking it easy. And staying off of it.

Thank you all so much. All the prayers and kind thoughts are so sweet!

Blessings