PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy pants ?

vaknitter
05-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Seriously - who knew buying chinos would put me in such a bad mood. I used to buy Dockers at Penney's and they stopped stocking tall so I started going to NY&Co. Then NY&Co started dropping the waistband lower and lower such that they are no longer appropriate for me to wear to work. I managed to trash 2 pair of pants this week and the others are looking very worn. I set out to Penney's for Dockers again and while they have tall in stock, they only have "curvy fit." Belk - nada - the salesgirl I asked didn't even know what chinos were ? seriously ? Sears - no selection, Eddie Bauer - their Vashon fit is great, but even the talls shrink so bad they look like capris, I could go to Ann Taylor but $$$ ...where does one go to buy simple pants?

Jan in CA
05-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Ack. Have you tried Macys? I don't know that they have them, but it's worth a try.

bailsmom
05-09-2009, 09:11 PM
What about LL Bean? I used to think their clothes were for older women but I buy most of my clothes through them now as it seems they've changed their styles a bit. Their pants have regular inseam (30") and medium/tall inseam (32") and tall inseam (34"). I get the medium tall and they are perfect. It can't hurt to look. I hated buying pants until I found theirs. Good luck.

hartleystudio
05-10-2009, 09:20 AM
I really love my jeans that I got at Duluth Trading Company. I think they run a little big, but who doesn't mind going DOWN a size? They have great chinos as well.

Also, Land's End has a fit that you might like, not too low.

Crycket
05-10-2009, 09:46 AM
You know you are tired when...I read the title of this thread about 5 times over and read Why Wear Pants all 5 times....*sigh*

cdjack
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I found this:

http://www.tallclothingmall.com/Women's_Tall_Khaki_Pants.html

I have the curvy ones from the Gap and love them and I'm not usually a Gap shopper.