PDA

View Full Version : Nicu knitters in Victoria BC??

hookedonknitting
05-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any members who are knitting nicu hats. I was thinking of starting to make petal hats but I don't know f the hospital has special requirements such as type of yarn, no buttons etc. I would love it if someone could please let me know!:muah:

ritaw
05-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi :)

I think your best bet is to actually contact the hospital in question and ask them .
When i make hats for hospitals . I tend to make them in cotton as they can withstand a hot wash .
It may be different for the hospital you have chosen . So ring the department and i am sure they will be happy to advise you .

hookedonknitting
05-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks! I will. Have you ever knit petal hats? They seem like a great idea for babies who have iv lines run through their head. I was thinking about making it Flat though and having thead headband part attach via tie up or something. I am sure that the hats need to be removed when changing the lines etc...

http://www.p2designs.com/pdfs/petalhat.pdf

ritaw
05-14-2009, 11:58 AM
You are welcome . I have to say that i have never done petal hats . Maybe that is something to put on my list for the future .

hookedonknitting
05-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Well I had preemie twins who needed to spend some time in the nicu and they couldn't where the hats too often because of their IV lines. I just really wanted to make something for those not so typical babies.... I am also trying to think of other things that may be useful... and for now I am waiting for a call back from the hospital... LOL...isn't that always the way!