PDA

View Full Version : Don't Talk to the Police

LadyFirelyght
05-12-2009, 10:58 PM
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865

My lips are sealed.

Debkcs
05-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Wouldn't you love to sit for a semester under the Professor? Intelligent and humorous.

And no, never, ever answer a question. Mums the word, and lawyer up.

(Did you notice that the Pacific Northwest is supposed to warm up this weekend? Yea!)

hookedonknitting
05-13-2009, 02:13 PM
this is true for the gov't too!!

ArtLady1981
05-13-2009, 03:21 PM
And, I got the answer wrong, too! I 'assumed' in my mind that the 3 people were shot. Doh!

My lips are sealed.

Arielluria
05-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Great! Thanks!!!!!!

Knitting_Guy
05-14-2009, 11:59 PM
And, I got the answer wrong, too! I 'assumed' in my mind that the 3 people were shot. Doh!

My lips are sealed.

:LOL:

In my line of work I have to deal with cops pretty much every day. Truck drivers are assumed guilty of something or another regardless of proof, evidence, or actual facts. It doesn't matter if you're actually obeying the law or not. Such is life. Best to say no more than you actually have to and nothing more.

Arielluria
05-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I understand what the professor said and it was very good advice. He was funny too, loved the lobster example. LOL! My question is, if something goes to trial and the officer gives the testimony that you wouldn't talk, doesn't that also incriminate you in some jurors' mind?

I agree it's still better not to say anything which can and will be used against you later.

What about Miranda rights? Those aren't read to you before you say word 1 to the police, so shouldn't they be the FIRST thing out of the officers' mouth? It would seem to me the logical thing to do if you're REALLY going to advise someone that what they say can and will be held against them in a court of law.

OffJumpsJack
05-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Well, I am at work and it will not let me view the video. I guess I'm out of luck. Strange thing is that they will let me view YouTube videos so go figure. :shrug:

Well when I did a search in google video I was able to view it. I also got the answer wrong. I thought it was C or 3.

Wow, even if you are a witness you need a lawyer to protect you.