PDA

View Full Version : No Handle For My Hook Today!

SoapDawtahKnitsToo
05-13-2009, 03:44 AM
Wow! I had fun today making crochet handles out of fimo clay. I made 3 in a gold and black combo. They looked like an expensive marble. I fitted them for my G hook, put them in my for crafts only toaster oven to bake as prescribed; 250 for 20-30 minutes. I set the timer for 5 minutes to check but no more than 4 minutes, I heard a dull explosion and that is when the smell creeped from the garage to inside the house. I ran as fast I could to the garage area and what a sight I saw! The three clay pieces had exploded and each were on fire-crispy burnt to include my toaster oven, the smell was overwhelming. I unplugged the unit, put the individual fires out and swore against trying that project again!:roflhard:

When I look back on it all, it was not as funny. I've since found another way to make handles for my hooks via that youtubey place. I'm a gripper so need something that will cover the hook and not give me palm burn as the naked needles do.

What a day! :passedout:

mathwizard
05-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Ever thought of going to the hardware store and getting rubber tubing to fit your needs? I know they have it . Herrschners' and Mary Maxim carries something for them. I would go with the hardware store. Who knows you might find different colors.

catlvr
05-13-2009, 09:21 AM
So sorry this happened to you. And I thought I had a bad day LOL!! Glad you weren't injured.

SoapDawtahKnitsToo
05-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Ever thought of going to the hardware store and getting rubber tubing to fit your needs? I know they have it . Herrschners' and Mary Maxim carries something for them. I would go with the hardware store. Who knows you might find different colors.

Nope, never thought of it till I watched a video on youtube.:)