PDA

View Full Version : FO- Vintage Doily

Lieuvena
05-14-2009, 09:22 PM
There's a new pic after blocking in post 10!

Here is a doily I just got done. Well it's actually being blocked right now. I will post a new pic when it's done.

Where to begin, here is the pattern: http://www.yarnover.net/patterns/doilies/kunststrik/flacon.html. I knit this using Aunt Lydia's Crochet thread and size 2 needles.

It's really pretty easy. A 4-5 hours knitting time. For me, a slower knitter. Someone else could probably whip this out a lot quicker.

This was filled with many first and second times for me. First time using needles and thread that small. Second time using DPN's and knitting lace. My first lace project was a small headband for the April KAL.

This was also my first time doing any crochet (the border) and it shows!:rofl: I had no idea what I was doing, so I had to totally fake it. Oh well, it doesn't look too bad.

I will post another pic after it's done blocking. Thanks for looking!:hug:

tilllie
05-14-2009, 10:09 PM
That is really pretty! Doily making is almost a lost art it seems. Love the color

dturner
05-14-2009, 10:13 PM
You did a great job! It looks like it would take much longer using such small needles and light yarn.

Lieuvena
05-14-2009, 10:23 PM
You did a great job! It looks like it would take much longer using such small needles and light yarn.

It really didn't take long at all. This is a small doily. Only 37 rounds. It measures about 6.5" across (not including the border). I picked a smaller easy one on purpose. I want to work my way up to larger more difficult ones.

I guessed at the time. I cast on last night and knit the first half, then had to stop for tornadoes! We ended up in the hall until 2 a.m. so I finished it this evening.

lulubell
05-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Can you PLEASE put another picture on when it is blocked! I like knitting lace too. It looks great now, but will look amazing when it is blocked.

wezyus
05-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Wowww's its nice n beautiful...its last week that i visited this site n i intend to knit 1 for me n hve already printed the pattern

GirlChris
05-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Very nice, it's a great color too

ritaw
05-15-2009, 02:13 AM
I love the pattern and the colour thread you have chosen . I think it looks beautiful and i can't wait to see it when it has finished blocking :)

margz3
05-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Very pretty - I'm impressed :thumbsup:

Lieuvena
05-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Here it is after blocking. I really can't get the color to show. It is actually a bright red.

Like I said in my first post, I have never crocheted. These were the only directions on how to do crochet border:

*3 stitches tog with a double/single crochet, chain 5*, repeat till end, ending with a slip stitch in the first dc/sc

I had no idea what any of that meant so I kinda just did what I though was the right thing on the border! I don't think it looks too bad.

I will definitely knit more doilies. I'd love to work up to something larger. So far I'm really loving knitting lace. I really enjoy the process. Though it is difficult with 4 young children!

ArtLady1981
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
:heart:LOVERLY! :heart:SIMPLY DIVINE!:heart:

MerigoldinWA
05-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Nice job, the blocking really made a difference. Those crochet instructions are not very good.

toomuch
05-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I love doilies and your's turned out beautiful! I've never knit one (only crochet), but I printed this pattern out and plan to give it a try. As far as the crochet instructions on this one, looks like the instructions before the slash are for UK and after are for US.
Thanks for the link to the pattern!
Julie

lulubell
05-16-2009, 12:14 AM
YEEEEEHAAAAA!!!! I knew it would be wonderful when it was blocked!! Doily today, tablecloth tomorrow?????

mwhite
05-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Simply beautiful! You've done a super job blocking and the crochet is perfect...quit worrying! I'm with Lulubell, what's next!!! Don'tcha just love doing doilies???

knittingymnast
05-16-2009, 08:41 PM
That's sooooo pretty! I love that! And your FIRST crochet project?! Amazing!

Camila
05-17-2009, 08:26 AM
:inlove: That's cute.