PDA

View Full Version : FO Sweater for Kyrsten

TEMA
05-17-2009, 05:46 PM
After about a month of frustration... I finally got Kyrsten's sweater finished.
The picture is a bit dark but I hope you can get the idea of the thing.
My dh picked out the buttons from my vast collection and I finally did the sewing up. Can't say I like doing that too much - would much rather do knitting on circulars but haven't been able to find many patterns for circulars. Why is that? :??
There are mistakes on this sweater - mostly in the sewing it up - I'm sooo not good at that... but I'm hoping the little girl won't notice her grandmother's mistakes because I'll be darned if I'll take it apart one more time... LOL!
Right now, I'm getting started on the long-ago-asked-for legwarmers for my niece - at least they are done on dpn's :woot:
I love the colour of the sweater - it's not all just blue - it's done in a very mild varigated yarn - dk by Rio - 20% wool, 80% acrylic. The pattern is by Sirdar #2238. The bottom 'skirt' is knit first sort of like you were knitting a scarf and then you pick up the stitches around one side to continue and knit the top. The little sleeves were knit separately and added on.
The yarn is nice and soft and I actually enjoyed the knitting it, tho' I confess to some frogging...:aww:
Anyway, I think I'm getting better at it... :thumbsup:
TEMA:knitting:

Jan in CA
05-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Don't know who Krysten is, but that's a cute sweater!:thumbsup:

My DD2 is named Kristen. ;)

ArtLady1981
05-17-2009, 08:28 PM
It is lovely! Right from the heart!

tilllie
05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Beautiful work! Remember they aren't "mistakes", they are design alterations!!

wezyus
05-18-2009, 01:02 AM
its so cute ..thnks

GirlChris
05-18-2009, 01:12 AM
That looks awesome! :woohoo:

margz3
05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Very pretty!

knittingymnast
05-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Whoever Krysten is, will receive a totally cute sweater! Good job!

TEMA
05-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Kyrsten is my youngest cutie pie granddaughter. She's 10 - I had to make the sweater long enough to fit her length and small enough to fit her width.
According to the pattern, she was age 10 at her lenght and age 7 at her width... Talk about design alterations!:teehee:
She is deaf in one ear and autistic so sometimes she's very quiet and gets left out of things... she lives with her dad and her step-mom and her 3 siblings (two others of which are autistic as well) and her two step-brothers... one of whom is also autistic. That's 6 kids, if you are counting...:woohoo:
So I felt - Kyrsten should get the knitted thing first. It might make her feel special!
But I'm not at all satisfied with the buttons. They are pretty but they don't stand out. I was hoping for something with hearts but then I remembered she's 10 - a part of her might not like something she thinks is childish so the buttons are going to be changed to plain white ones.
TEMA

TEMA
05-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I gave the sweater to her step-mama yesterday and last night I got a phone call from Kyrsten, herself. She loves the sweater and the pretty blue colour and it fits!
If I get a pic sent to me of her wearing it, I will post that.
TEMA:woot:

TEMA
05-22-2009, 12:42 PM
And I changed the buttons from blue to white and they look so much better.
TEMA