PDA

View Full Version : Saw the Yarn Harlot today!

Lisa R.
05-17-2009, 06:42 PM
What a treat! My LYS & a local bookshop had her in to speak today. What a fun afternoon. My dd and I got a book signed, too. :)

Thought I'd share here, since the rest of the family is like, "she went to a yarn thing," and have no clue! :mrgreen:

newamy
05-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Cool did she survive the air port fiasco??? Well actually she said she did on the blog but did she mention it?

Jan in CA
05-17-2009, 08:10 PM
I'd love to see her someday. She's only been up in Los Angeles and I avoid going there unless I absolutely have to.

Doublereeder2
05-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Was she great? I would love to see her - She is coming to the Dallas area but I have to work and cannot go. :pout:

Lisa R.
05-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Yes, she was really funny. She did mention the airport fiasco! (And had more issues in FL,) She was a few minutes late, apparently because the cab driver got lost (pretty amazing, given the location!)

But it was a great talk! We laughed a lot!

knittingymnast
05-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Lucky! That would be awesome to meet the Yarn Harlot. :lol:

Woodi
05-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Lucky you! She certainly gives the gift of laughter to her audience. I would love to see her. I wonder if she ever comes to Canada?

newamy
05-20-2009, 09:25 AM
She lives in Toronoto...so yes she goes to Canada, but I don't think her Canadian tours are as big as the American ones.

Plantgoddess+
05-20-2009, 10:08 PM
I would love to see the Yarn Harlot. Reading her blog and books has given me a big boost in courage to expand my knitting horizons and to experiment with fixing mistakes and to shrug off errors that can't be fixed. I'm a lot less frustrated with knitting and find I actually get a lot more projects finished. She has an amazing sense of humor about life and knitting.