PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phones?

Debkcs
05-19-2009, 07:31 PM
I know a lot of you don't care for cell phones, but do you have any friends or family who use Smart Phones? I'm trying to decide between the new I-phone when it comes out, or the SprintPre, when it comes out, or possibly the new Blackberry. Within a few years, Kate will be texting and Grwanma wants to keep up. Plus, I would love to have all the other web based applications on my phone. The question is, which phone?

MoniDew
05-19-2009, 08:04 PM
oooh, tough call! I'd say it depends on the personality of the user. With so many web-based features these days, you might be the type that likes an operating system similar to a "pc" computer. (Blackberry Curve, for an example. Youngest son has one of these). But, if you are more of a "mac" type of person, visual, artistic, etc. you might like one with that kind of interface. (Samsung Instinct, for an example. Middle son has one of these)
So, it has more to do with who you are as a person than it does the phone. Best of luck to you in making this decision.

kbagel
05-21-2009, 12:08 AM
One thing to think about iPhone vs. Pre is the cost of the plan. I have the Sprint unlimited everything for $99 a month (I also get a corporate discount off this price. My plan is only about $80 a month.) They have other ones that are unlimited data and texting with limits on talk time. The cheapest iPhone plan is at least $115 a month. I just couldn't justify the extra money, especially with a corporate discount.

I am a mac girl though and really do want the iPhone. I just can't bring myself to pay the money for what I use my phone for.