PDA

View Full Version : If you like the Sims...

Jan in CA
05-23-2009, 01:34 AM
...and Susan Boyle check this out! It's done on Sims 3.

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/videos.jsp

LadyFirelyght
05-23-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm so excited about Sims3! I preordered it and am getting release day delivery. Woooooooooooooo!

(fun video, too!)

Jan in CA
05-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm so excited about Sims3! I preordered it and am getting release day delivery. Woooooooooooooo!

Me, too!!:yay::cheering:

Simply_Renee
05-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Can't wait- I love the Sims!

JustAFloridaGirl
05-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I love the Sims, as well, but I have a feeling the Sims 3 is going to be disappointing.

I like the idea of some of the changes proposed (such as getting rid of the Fears, as well as the Comfort and Environment bars) but the idea of the seamless neighborhood is bugging me. While, yes, it's a nice idea in theory, especially since it eliminates load times, it also makes it so that all your Sims in the neighborhood will continue to live and age, even if you're not playing them. I don't like that idea. I usually have very specific plans for my Sims but sometimes will go a long period of time without playing them, while I play other Sims. I'm afraid that if I do that with Sims 3 then half my Sims will die before I can do anything with them!

It also doesn't look like there's anything new or special to do with your Sims yet in Sims 3. If you're like me and you have all the Sims 2 expansion packs, you can make your Sims live a more interesting life in Sims 2 than in Sims 3 so far. They're definitely going to need some expansion packs pretty quick for Sims 3.

I know for sure we're not getting The Sims 3 on the release date, regardless of whether we think it'll be disappointing or not. I'm not interested in dealing with any bugs it might have. I'll wait until they get any major issues resolved and there are at least a few expansion packs. And even then, who knows? I'm still happy with my Sims 2.

Jan in CA
05-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Really? I hate that they live in there little house alone in the neighborhood. I don't like that they can't just walk to a friends, but have to waste time and energy waiting for a friend to come over or I have to go play the other friends to get them to invite them. I think the changes are good and will be a lot of fun to play. If you're happy with #2 though go for it. :thumbsup:

rachejm
05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
It won't work on my PC :pout:

I play Sims 2 University cos that is the only expansion pack that I can get to work - well Nightlife might work now my processor is faster. I just can't afford to upgrade my PC so that it will work. I will buy it one day, a few years down the line when I give up and buy a whole new pc. Let me know what you guys think of it so I can decide if its worth the upgrade.

Angieknits
05-29-2009, 10:56 PM
I love the sims2 and had all of the Sims original along with 2 sims2
ps2 games, but after all the bugs they've had with The Sims2 EPs...I'm leary. Very leary! I have all of the EPs for TS2, except for bon voyage, and Apartment Life, and all the stuff packs except for Ikea stuff and Celebration Stuff. I have Free Time, but I've seen so many bugs with these 3 EPs that I'm afraid to download them to my computer and have a crashed computer every time I try to play. I actually got Free Time for free from EA in their B2GO offer, but as I have dial-up that is super slow, I can't download the patches for these games.... they don't really think about those of us out in the boonies with no alternative for internet other than Satellite internet.. and with a budget.. I can't afford it. heck I can't even use my cell phone for internet because I don't get signal except for one place in my home I'm so far out.

Does anyone know how I can get the patches for these games without buying the next game? I really just want to play free time.

Crycket
05-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Oh I so can't wait...have the collectors ed coming to me...

I actually am intrigued by the neighbourhood. I was actually frustraited in Sims 2 over wanting to play one family of Sims...then having to go around and age other families of Sims cause the one I was playing with moved up a stage...

Can't wait...Tuesday!!!

LadyFirelyght
05-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Angieknits: If you wanted, I could burn the patches you need to a CD and send them to you?

Angieknits
06-01-2009, 04:46 PM
I would really appreciate that! the one I need right now is Free Time. I sooo wanna play it.. I've had it for well... since it came out! but have been too afraid to play it since I read about all of the problems it had, since this computer is also the one I use for my online bill paying. Hubby might not replace it if I kill it. :P

Jan in CA
06-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Arrggghhh... I paid shipping so it would get here tomorrow, but I got an email saying my cc didn't work and to update it. I did it right away so I hope this doesn't affect the shipping and arrival time!

ETA: Some people got theirs early! Waah!:waah:

Crycket
06-01-2009, 07:27 PM
I just got my call...I can pick it up tomorrow! Can't wait...one more sleep...

Crycket
06-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Ok...

So I am still getting used to the camera angles in this one....wow...

I do like that I don't have to pay rapt attention to each sim, but I am still reeling a little from only having one Active family....which I know makes sense...but it does make it slightly difficult to get into other ppls houses!

Intersting though...very excited to play...and all the old cheat codes work...Hazzah for Motherlode!

Jan in CA
06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Mine is on the truck for delivery so I'll have it today. Go the forums at http://www.thesims3.com/home.html and register and you can ask questions in the forum. If you just want to read them you can do that, too. A few others have commented on the camera angle and there was some way to change it if I recall correctly.

Jan in CA
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I just found this in the Sims3 forum. You can test your computer to see if it can run certain software. Mine passes! I hope it works.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl

Also..some people have said their computers don't meet the processor speed, but still can run the game.

LadyFirelyght
06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Arrggghhh... I paid shipping so it would get here tomorrow, but I got an email saying my cc didn't work and to update it. I did it right away so I hope this doesn't affect the shipping and arrival time!

ETA: Some people got theirs early! Waah!:waah:
Oh man, you're gonna love it. I am SO enjoying it! It's making it hard to keep up with my knitting :) All the little details are incredible. Things like the leaves of trees blowing in the breeze, or shadows moving with the rising and setting of the sun. Too cool!

Jan in CA
06-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Mine is on the truck for delivery and I'm waiting IMPATIENTLY for it! :hair: It's coming UPS.

Jan in CA
06-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I GOT IT!! It's so much fun! First thing I did was turn on scrolling and turn off stories. I've made one Sim and he's in a house with a job now. Just have to figure out why his hair changes length when he's in his pajamas. :lol:

LadyFirelyght
06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I GOT IT!! It's so much fun! First thing I did was turn on scrolling and turn off stories. I've made one Sim and he's in a house with a job now. Just have to figure out why his hair changes length when he's in his pajamas. :lol:
I believe you can set certain hair styles to different outfits, IIRC. I could be completely off my rocker, though :P

I made sims of my and my husband, how silly is that?! Mine looks nothing but his is pretty spot on. I'll have to post a screen shot, because he said it's pretty incredible how close they look, haha

Jan in CA
06-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I figured that out. There is a lock at the top of the hairstyle list you can click on.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the opportunities offered and also how to add more than one family to a town.

Simply_Renee
06-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Sims 2 patches are still on the Sims 2 site under "help" as far as I know, to answer Angie.

About Sims 3- I didn't like it at first. It takes some getting used to- once I turned on edge scrolling it was better getting around. The graphics of the sims are not as good as I thought- but I love to see the bushes blowing and the water looks awesome. Can you see fish in the water in this one?

I still haven't played a whole lot, and I am still trying to figure this out- my husband & I & kids usually each have our own neighborhood. If you start a new game- do you start with the neighborhood like it was at the beginning- kind of like there are as many copies of that neighborhood as there are saved games? That way I could also turn on the story progression but still be able to start over if people I hadn't played got old & died.

Love that they have the old families again like that.

I just downloaded the new free neighborhood today- haven't tried it yet.

Simply_Renee
06-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Jan- I think you can add the new family and play different ones in the same game by going into "Edit neighborhood"

Jan in CA
06-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I saw that you can go into edit neighborhood. I went into it last it last night, but didn't explore too much yet. I'm not sure how you could add families although you could play other ones that way.

I turned off the stories thing and turned on scrolling after reading the Sims3 forums. I didn't want my single male Sim to suddenly have a baby on his doorstep, etc.

Simply_Renee
06-04-2009, 08:24 PM
LOL about the baby.

Sims 4 will be out by the time we have this one figured out... :cool:

Crycket
06-05-2009, 08:07 AM
The thing I am not excited about is that one has to start at square one again....so little to choose from. Customizing is cool...but you can't customize furniture colours and such...*sigh*

I think the prices for stuff in the store are a little steep. Most items are around $0.75 or more...an expansion with almost 100 items was only $20 before....it is MUCH more to buy the items individually!

Don't forget to get the Toyota Prius though....it is a free download in the store!

knitgal
06-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Question- I ran that system requirement test on my laptop to see if it would run Sims 3- it got a pass. The thing is that I have Sims 2 and I have never been able to play it on this computer.

Does anyone play on a laptop? Is Sims 3 supposed to be easier to load on a computer?

Jan in CA
06-05-2009, 11:38 AM
The thing I am not excited about is that one has to start at square one again....so little to choose from. Customizing is cool...but you can't customize furniture colours and such...*sigh*

Yes you can change furniture colors. I even changed the pattern on all the bathroom fixtures. :teehee: You mean there isn't a lot to choose from yet? You can try the exchange at sims3.com for more, too.

Don't forget to get the Toyota Prius though....it is a free download in the store!

Oh I didn't know that! Thanks! I probably won't buy much from the store anyway. I tend to get the free stuff if I want it.

Jan in CA
06-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Question- I ran that system requirement test on my laptop to see if it would run Sims 3- it got a pass. The thing is that I have Sims 2 and I have never been able to play it on this computer.

Does anyone play on a laptop? Is Sims 3 supposed to be easier to load on a computer?

I'm using a desktop, but a lot of people are using laptops. Go to the website I linked to earlier (sims3.com) and read the forums. I really think they should up the minimum requirements for the game. It runs great on my computer, but I made sure I had the most ram and best video card I could get at the time.

Crycket
06-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks...I totally just found the tool that allows you to fool with furnature! Very cool...

I am going to write to EA though...and say that the store items are way expensive....they should at the very least bundle stuff! And seeing as they now are not paying for packaging for all that stuff...they really should make it cheap!

Jan in CA
06-05-2009, 08:34 PM
There has been complaints in the Sim forum about it, too.

LadyFirelyght
06-06-2009, 11:04 AM
While it does take some getting used to, Sims3 is MUCH MORE FUN than Sims2. For the first day, I wasn't really impressed because there IS a pretty big learning curve. However, I'll outline some points I've come across.

Pros:
Motion blur
Focal blur
Better shiny and reflective surfaces
Bubbles.
Realistic water
Fish swimming under and jumping out of said water (http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/LadyFirelyght/sims/Screenshot-10.jpg)
Heave sleepers sleep in one position at night, light sleepers toss and turn
Your moods, personality, and job performance can have a great affect on what happens while your sim is at work (http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/LadyFirelyght/sims/Screenshot-20.jpg)
More realistic gardening
You can find seeds around town
You can find plants to harvest around town
You can find uncut gems, raw metal ores, and space rocks around town that you can sell
You can follow your sims as they go jogging
Moodlets
Sims won't woohoo when they're sleeping (go figure)
Momma sim can go to the hospital when she starts going into labor, which leads to a happier birth (http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/LadyFirelyght/sims/Screenshot-37.jpg)
Your mood/health during your pregnancy helps to determine the kind of traits your child will have
Books have to be BOUGHT if you want to learn or be entertained (or you can go to the library)
Food needs specific ingredients, many of which you can grow or fish yourself
All furniture, clothing, accessories, wallpaper, and flooring has customizable coloring and textures
Every sim has a cell phone, and if it rings and you choose to answer it, they immediately drop what they're doing without the rest of their queue disappearing
Opportunities are fun little goals to work toward
Special events around town (such as eating conests or concerts)
There are two kinds of grids, building and interior. Building is the normal blocks, interior is two mini blocks for every building block. Sims walk on interior paths, so they can walk around a chair pushed against the wall.

Cons:
No pets other than fish
No university (that I know of)
You can't start your own business (that I know of)
No seasons!!

As you can see, I can't find all that many flaws in the game, but the flaws are pretty major (for me).

ETA: I also want to note that the stuff available in the EA store... quite frankly, it's all about business. It's an awesome way for EA to make money, because they know that plenty of people will pay for the stuff. I'm waiting for thesimsresource.com to get on the mod squad and push out the quality items that they're known for over there. And that stuff is a heck of a lot cheaper than EAs (in many cases, free!)

Jan in CA
06-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Cons:
No pets other than fish
No university (that I know of)
You can't start your own business (that I know of)
No seasons!!To be fair none of these were available in the original Sims games either were they? You had to get an expansion. These are minor for me and I can live w/o them till they get ready to create them.

Another few things that I love in addition to the list above -

*There are more ways to gain skill points and more skills to learn

*I love that you can "tinker" with things and gain points for handiness, plus it can upgrade your appliances! (who wouldn't love a self cleaning oven, toilet or tub!)

*The Sims automatically put there clothing on to go outdoors

*They can walk next door to the park to play chess or walk to a neighbors house and ring the bell!

*Once they are in town they can walk around and go places, the theater, resaurants, grocery store, bookstore, etc.

*They can get jobs by actually going to the hospital, science center, etc.

*They can read a book and suddenly have the seeds and knowledge to grow something for food or profit!

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure I'll think of more..

LadyFirelyght
06-07-2009, 12:26 AM
No, those weren't in the original sims either... but neither was the ability to play music for tips, garden, or fish. But hey, they're trying to milk this for as much as they can, so I guess it makes sense that they'd save stuff for expansions :P <3 Sims3 :D

Crycket
06-07-2009, 10:11 AM
ETA: I also want to note that the stuff available in the EA store... quite frankly, it's all about business. It's an awesome way for EA to make money, because they know that plenty of people will pay for the stuff. I'm waiting for thesimsresource.com to get on the mod squad and push out the quality items that they're known for over there. And that stuff is a heck of a lot cheaper than EAs (in many cases, free!)

I am all for them making money...but they are way over priced...20 or 30 cents per item is fine, but 75 cents to $1 no way....if you figure you could get an entire expansion pack for $20, buying the individual items in the same amount, would run you about $70. That is way too much, and lets face it...they are not even packaged.

Yeah...I do like the new sims for the most part...like it seems that Sims stay in their own beds...and ppl don't linger around your house ages after you wanted them to go home, or there isn't even goals of how many friends you need before moving up in your profession...which is so nice!

I do miss the little life animations you would get when they had a major life event, like first kiss, or first Woohoo or marriage...and there by I miss the memories option...

EA will still have a chance to listen to everyones quarry and patch...so I am not too worried..the forums are riddled with ppl talking about whats good and whats bad...

Jan in CA
06-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Interesting we all have different likes and dislikes. I was just thrilled to find that I can play with as many people on my lot as I want w/o the computer slowing to a crawl.

As far as expansion stuff I think if they put it all in one game there would be a lot of people who's computers couldn't handle it. With expansion packs you can buy them if you want, but still enjoy the game w/o them.

A few more fun things I discovered..

When the alarm goes off for one Sim the other one doesn't wake up and they can sleep through the alarm on weekends!

I like that as you read books more things open up for you like gardening, recipes, etc.

LadyFirelyght
06-07-2009, 01:58 PM
re: alarm clock

The other sim won't sleep through it if they're a light sleeper!

Jan in CA
06-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Oh! Good to know! So far I haven't chosen that or heavy sleeper as a trait.

LadyFirelyght
06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Oh! Good to know! So far I haven't chosen that or heavy sleeper as a trait.
For the hell of it, I made sim versions of my hubby and I. I'm a light sleeper, hubby's a VERY heavy sleeper. It's fun to see how they interact lol

Crycket
06-08-2009, 07:27 AM
I want to make a sim for me, but the right hair isn't available...*sigh*

Simply_Renee
06-08-2009, 04:50 PM
The more I play, the more I am really liking it. I currently have a house with 3 triplet toddler girls and 2 twin boys (PS- that fertility award really works) I cheated to get them a bigger house, because it was just ridiculous!

LadyFirelyght
06-09-2009, 06:03 PM
You know... I haven't figured out how to cheat. I feel so stupid for that :P

Jan in CA
06-09-2009, 07:05 PM
CTRL/SHIFT/C and a box will open. From there you can put cheat codes if you so desire. I can't remember them all, but I know the word 'kaching' gives you a thousand dollars.

I generally try not to cheat, but sometimes you got add a few bucks. :teehee:

LadyFirelyght
06-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks! I did some digging around yesterday and found a whole list of cheat codes. Not sure if they all work, but I'll share (http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/the-sims-3/cheats-guides-faqs/g-20061106113750640058)!

Crycket
06-10-2009, 11:39 PM
I am a fan of using Motherlode myself...50,000

I don't mind cheating for money in the beginning, cause I want to see what all is available to me at first...my later sims can be poor...

I just find if your sim isn't scrambling for cash, they have time to worry about other things...*smiles*

Jan in CA
06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I just like the challenge of it playing with the money they give you, but I'm not above getting a "windfall" on occasion when things are really bad. :teehee:

There are really a lot more ways to make money in in Sims3 than there was before. I tend to have them grow some apple trees to sell the fruit. I've also grown tomatoes, lettuce and grapes, but you have to be careful if there is only one gardener in the family. Tending the garden can be a full time job and you can't hire one. :zombie:

Crycket
06-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Yeah...I like that you can garden a bit in this one...that is cool....the last time we were able to grow veggies was in Sims 1 and that was a pain in the butt!

The apples are good cause I can use them fishing too (ok...havent figured that one out...my mom once used hotdog, but apple to fish? *shrugs*)

Right now I want to winfall myself into another house...in fact...my first family....I didn't like the little shack of a house on the property, so I motherloded a few times, then built a house next to the other house...then when they woke up, I just knocked down the shack of a house...and put in a pool! *smiles*...Now I am eyeballing the lone wolf mansion....*smiles*

Jan in CA
06-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Oh I wondered if you needed bait... but I told my Sim to fish and he just reeled in a bunch of minnows and a goldfish. I put the goldfish in a bowl in their house. :teehee:

That's funny they woke up to a new house! :lol:

Jan in CA
06-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Oooo I was just thinking...I wish the Sims could knit!!

LadyFirelyght
06-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Oooo I was just thinking...I wish the Sims could knit!!
I was thinking the same thing! I'm going over to sims3.com to suggest it :)

Crycket
06-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh I wondered if you needed bait... but I told my Sim to fish and he just reeled in a bunch of minnows and a goldfish. I put the goldfish in a bowl in their house. :teehee:

That's funny they woke up to a new house! :lol:

If you have something in your inventory...foodwise, it will ask you if you want to bait....I just happened to have apples...but I think it works with any food...

Jan in CA
06-13-2009, 11:22 AM
If you have something in your inventory...foodwise, it will ask you if you want to bait....I just happened to have apples...but I think it works with any food...

Oh okay, thanks. I don't think the male Sim did and he's the one who was fishing.

Crycket
06-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Does anyone know how to put fish into a pond you make yourself?

I made a pond in the back of one of my houses...and it has some fish...but no visual of fish smimming in it...

Angieknits
06-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Ohhh ladies it sounds like you're having so much fun. I think I might put in a request that hubby get it for me for my Bday which is the last day of this month...:happydance: so it wouldn't be much of a wait if he were to get me that.
So it sounds like a lot of the cheats are the same which is good. No need to memorize different ones then. Also about Custom Content... Have any of you visited Modthesims2.com? That's where I've downloaded a HUGE amount of theSims2 stuff from, and some of the modders there have started working on the sims3 stuff too. There are some really artistic and creative people on that site, some even take requests.

Jan in CA
06-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know how to put fish into a pond you make yourself?

I made a pond in the back of one of my houses...and it has some fish...but no visual of fish smimming in it...

I don't know if putting them in would make the visual either.. :think:, but I "think" if you click the fish in his inventory it'll give you the option, but I'm not sure.

Jan in CA
06-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Angie, make sure it'll run on your computer. This site is no guarantee, but it's a good start.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Angieknits
06-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Jan I just ran it, and I got a pass. I have way more ram and system speed than I need, and If I removed all of my sims2 stuff from it I know I'd have way more than enough CPU space. I have more in my custom content folder taking up space, than my games.

LadyFirelyght
06-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I found out that different fish require a different kind of bait. The higher your fishing skill level, the higher the level of fishing books you can read. Fishing books enable you to learn what bait you need.

I also found that minerals, space rocks, and gems are found in higher concentration around large rocks or rock formations. Also, you can often find the best butterflies around rock formations. The ones that are in a perfect circle, you know?

Angieknits
06-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah...I like that you can garden a bit in this one...that is cool....the last time we were able to grow veggies was in Sims 1 and that was a pain in the butt!

I grow veggies in my seasons EP, and you can sell them. you can even sell the boots you catch when fishing in that EP. So far to me it's really sounding like they took the most realistic things from the Sims2 and just expanded upon them.

One question... do they still do that whole twirly spin thing when changing clothes? That has always cracked me up.

Jan in CA
06-16-2009, 12:31 AM
I am a level 7 gardener now and I've been able to plant some rare seeds. I've ended up with watermelon, tomatoes, apples, potatoes, and uh.. I think garlic, but I forgot now.

I have also gotten gold, iron, silver and space rocks. I turned the gold and silver into bars and something into a gem I have displayed on my coffee table.

I finally had to make the second kid grow up and kicked her out, too. She was annoying always playing in the sprinkler. Sheesh. :doh:Now I've got boy triplets who are getting close to being teens. Thank god. Five kids is insane. :zombie:

Crycket
06-16-2009, 08:03 AM
I finally had to make the second kid grow up and kicked her out, too. She was annoying always playing in the sprinkler. Sheesh. :doh:Now I've got boy triplets who are getting close to being teens. Thank god. Five kids is insane. :zombie:

No kidding...my toons just had triplets (my own damn fault....I had the both with the fertility treatment) And I already had one toddler...I had to get the babies to toddlers quick...and made the toddler a child quick. Those babies needed almost constant attention....

At least I didn't have the adoption ppl after me the way the would have been in the last game. Also glad I have 2 spare adults in the house too!

LadyFirelyght
06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
I am a level 7 gardener now and I've been able to plant some rare seeds. I've ended up with watermelon, tomatoes, apples, potatoes, and uh.. I think garlic, but I forgot now.

I have also gotten gold, iron, silver and space rocks. I turned the gold and silver into bars and something into a gem I have displayed on my coffee table.

Just wait til you get the flame and life fruits! Keep hunting those seeds, for serious.

Jan in CA
06-17-2009, 06:17 PM
I keep looking, but so far I've only found potato, bell pepper and a few others.

LadyFirelyght
06-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I keep looking, but so far I've only found potato, bell pepper and a few others.
Apparently there's also a money tree! My sim wants to grow one but I've never found a seed (??)

Jan in CA
06-18-2009, 12:33 PM
I just found some seeds that say other things so we'll see what they turn out to be. I've found rare and special seeds now.

I read on Sims3.com that there are often unusual seeds around the water and soil treatment plant, but I'm not even sure where that is yet. Going to look today.

Jan in CA
06-18-2009, 08:06 PM
I got the flame fruit bush! And something from the catacombs, but it's not big enough to tell what it is yet.

Jan in CA
06-21-2009, 11:34 PM
The coolest thing happened! In my family that had 5 kids...as they grew to young adults I "kicked" them out. I went on to play another male Sim I'd created for one of the girls from the other family. Well, when I went to the girl again to help the relationship along she had gone from something like a "fry cook" to a Five Star Chef at the top of her career with all her cooking points, plus she'd had a baby! I have the aging set to a really long time and I think I turned off story progression, but maybe not. It was cool anyway. :yay:

Crycket
06-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Cool!

I left one of my characters alone in another family, and she ended up inheriting the EVIL and LIGHT SLEEPER traits...I had to spend along time accumulating 20000 points to have a midlife crisis to change!

Jan in CA
06-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Weird! I don't care for the evil or light sleeper traits either. I haven't checked the other members of the family yet so I don't know what they are up to. I also think it's cool that after you kick them out they actually move into a house..sort of rent it and set up housekeeping rather than going into the family bin.

Now something new happened... last night I was playing and had the two kids age up to child and teen. The teen was chubby, but I chose fast metabolism for him and was having him work out to see how it changed the body. I do think he was slowly getting thinner which is neat the way that works. However, on a Sunday I had him go to the pool to swim for a change. I noticed a funny thought thing over his head like he was drowning, but I thought he just didn't like to swim. Well, all of a sudden he drowned and the grim reaper came. His brother got out of the pool and started crying and another kid nearby fainted at the sight of the reaper. The mom and dad can now cry on each other's shoulders in mourning. So sad and realistic! Holy cow!

LadyFirelyght
06-22-2009, 12:34 PM
I have story progression on, and had made a sim to move in next door to the one I was playing with. My sim meets him, next day goes over to say hi... he had moved away! Not even in the neighborhood anymore!

Jan in CA
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
I checked and have story progression off, but aging is on and turned to the highest level. So apparently even though SP is off they can continue their lives. I think it's really neat!

That's funny how the Sim moved away though! :lol: