PDA

View Full Version : Fiction with knitting

Plantgoddess+
05-23-2009, 09:53 PM
I just read a novel where the main character owns a knitting shop. The title is Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton. I had a hard time not drooling over the self filling roving basket and the Noro and Lornas Laces.

Jan in CA
05-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow, thanks for the new book! I have read a whole lot of knitting fiction, but hadn't heard of that one.

busyknitmom
05-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the tip- I just ordered it from the library.

VictoiseC
05-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Yes, thanks for the new read! I'm going to order it too.
Btw, I'm reading an incredible novel called The Help. It's written so well.... Jackson, Mississippi 1960s but the names in it and characters are fantastic...

OffJumpsJack
05-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I found the same book last week while searching my local library for books with knitting patterns. I just skipped over the listed as I wasn't looking for a story to read but rather was looking for pattern sources. ;)

Now, if the story involves action, adventure, and mystery, I may request it for a read. :)

I did request something similar.
Charmed knits : projects for fans of Harry Potter / Alison Hansel.

It seems Magic and Knitting are often interwoven.

cftwo
05-27-2009, 10:44 AM
I have that one on my wish list at Paperbackswap! It does look intriguing.

linknit41
05-30-2009, 07:06 PM
just finished reading this book--it's different! a mystery with , well, don't want to give it away for those who haven't read it!! was a quick"read". linknit41

Constant Knitter
05-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Okay, now I have to order it too. Hope there's a sequel.

Ronda
06-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I just finished Family Tree by Barbara Delinsky. The main story line has nothing to do with knitting; however, one of the main characters knits/owns a LYS. Lots of references to knitting!

KnitClickChick
06-06-2009, 11:59 AM
I just got this book the other day! I just happened to see a book with a picture of yarn and needles on the front on one of the display tables, and had to see what it was all about. Looked interesting so I got it. I don't want to give anything away either, but it is quite "different", let's just say the characters are rather unique. I'm about half way through and like it pretty well.

Constant Knitter
06-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm half way through "Casting Spells" and had to write to thank you for the suggestion. It's a fun read and well written.
If you have any other good books on your reading list, please share them.
Thanks again!

linknit41
06-20-2009, 07:31 PM
there's another knitting-related book about the Sweetgum KnitLit society and there is a second one coming out this month Knit for Love or something like that. the author is Beth Pattillo. linknit41