PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Booties for Baby

Raven Fyre
05-27-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm including the link to what I'm working on. Here is where I am stuck.

"Welt:
K across 8 sts of toe. With free needle, starting at cuff end of instep, pick up 11 stitches along the left side of the instep by inserting needle in the little knots at the end of the rows. K these 11 stitches. Pick up the last 11 sts from second holder and K these sts. Turn work and K 30 sts. Pick up 11 sts from the right side of the instep, and K them. Then pick up the 11 sts from the first holder and K them. (52 sts total)
Continue working garter stitch (K each row) until there are 5 ridges, ending on wrong side."

As of right now my work looks like a T more or less with 2 Large safty pins on either end and the knitting needle in the middle.
Anyway should I be knitting down the side, I've tryed to attact one of the sides of the T to the needle but that didn't seem right.

Heres the link any help would be awesome.

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babybootstwoneedle.htm

Ingrid
05-27-2009, 09:29 PM
The way I read it is you leave the toe stitches on the needle. Then, using another needle and working from the cuff end up to the toe end, you pick up the 11 stitches, then turn and knit them; then knit the 11 stitches that are on the holder; turn and work the 30 stitches--the 22 that you just worked and the 8 from the toe.

I believe you then pick up 11 stitches down the other side; and the other 11 from the holder.

Raven Fyre
05-28-2009, 07:22 PM
I think I figured it out finished one bootie going to work on the next one tonight. I'd love to know a way to make theses easy ones in adult sizes.