PDA

View Full Version : LITTLE TIPS AND $$ SAVERS!

toneknitter
05-28-2009, 04:15 AM
I am knitting something for the first time that called for stitch markers, as a matter of fact, I didn't even know what the abbreviation stood for. I didn't have any stitch markers, so I took 2 reinforcement labels (the kind you use on the holes of notebook paper) and stuck them together. They work quite well, and if you leave them in your work, you can just tear them out.!!:balloons:

dustinac
05-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I never thought of using them...that is a great idea :thumbsup:

gingerbread
05-28-2009, 09:31 AM
great minds think alike. I did that because I didn't have any markers at the time. I now have a lot of them it is just another addiction I love to do.

WandaT
05-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Great way to improvise!!

Mirl56
05-28-2009, 10:53 AM
That's an idea I hadn't head of before - very good!

Nancy333
05-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Wow!! That's one of those "I wish I would've thought of that myself" type of idea. lol I usually use paperclips or bits of yarn from previous projects myself.

debsnj
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
I use very cheap pony tail holders, the kind that are very thin, almost like plastic rubber bands. Since they are made for hair they will not damage your yarn. I get about 100 for $1, the last batch I bought was black so I really can see them. They are so inexpensive that you can cut them out when you are done.

JudiToots
06-03-2009, 12:13 PM
I use safety pins.

azcoup42
06-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I use very cheap pony tail holders, the kind that are very thin, almost like plastic rubber bands. Since they are made for hair they will not damage your yarn. I get about 100 for $1, the last batch I bought was black so I really can see them. They are so inexpensive that you can cut them out when you are done.

Awesome Idea!!! My DD is always losing/eating/whatever my stitch markers and I'm getting tired of buying new ones. I'm a little bit addicted to stitch markers, so a bag of 100 doesn't seems like too many for me.

margz3
06-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I just got a whole bunch of the reiforcements at work - Obviously if they are the sticky type, you need to put 2 together. Well, I was sitting here patiently trying to do this, when it dawned on me....one tab, sticky side up on the pointy end of a pencil, then drop another tab, sticky side down, on top of it - they fit together perfectly!

knittingymnast
06-10-2009, 10:26 AM
That's cool! I always keep buying stitch markers and losing them....Great idea!

Crycket
06-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Awesome Idea!!! My DD is always losing/eating/whatever my stitch markers and I'm getting tired of buying new ones. I'm a little bit addicted to stitch markers, so a bag of 100 doesn't seems like too many for me.

eating your stitch markers....that doesn't sound healthy!

;)

Madrina
06-11-2009, 12:26 AM
I am knitting something for the first time that called for stitch markers, as a matter of fact, I didn't even know what the abbreviation stood for. I didn't have any stitch markers, so I took 2 reinforcement labels (the kind you use on the holes of notebook paper) and stuck them together. They work quite well, and if you leave them in your work, you can just tear them out.!!:balloons:
Wow I had never thought of that! I am forever losing the little buggers so this is a great tip and much cheaper!

Thanks for sharing