PDA

View Full Version : EA Active for Wii

HollyP
05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Does anyone else have this? Mom and I were in Sam's club the other night and on an impulse picked it up. I have the Wii fit already but have to say Active is what I wanted the Wii fit to be! It goes from one exercise to another seamlessly. It shows you the line up of exercises for the day in the beginning were you can personalize the exercises if you want to. I used it for 2 days now and man can I feel it! I am not a very fit person, but I want to be. I have used some muscles in the workouts that haven't been worked in years! Nothing a hot shower won't take care of but I really didn't expect it to be so challenging. I love the feedback I get. It has a strap to put the nunchuck in that goes around your thigh. Today my trainer was telling me I wasn't going down far enough on my lunges. I can't wait to see what I'll be doing tomorrow. I honsetly can't remember a time I was this excited to exercise!
I just thought I would post this in case any one was wondering about it! I highly recommend it! I would love to hear from other people using it too!

Crycket
05-28-2009, 07:39 PM
good to know...I have been eyeballing that one in the store...but wasn't sure if it was worth picking up...I may just do so now...

dustinac
05-29-2009, 07:57 AM
I have been wanting to get this but wasn't sure if it would work like the commercial...it looks like it works you more than the Wii Fit...and it's priced better :teehee:

Thanks for letting us know how well it is working for you :thumbsup:

Crycket
05-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Still need the balence board that wii fit comes with though...right?

dustinac
05-29-2009, 08:13 AM
:think: I'm not sure I found this, but it seems to work without it too

"Wii Balance Board Compatibility Get more out of your EA SPORTS Active workout using a Wii Balance Board with added functionality for many of exercises"

kellyh57
05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Isn't there to new ones out there? I thought I saw another one that looked really similar. I really want to get into shape and I can't afford to take 3 kids to the gym with me!

Ronda
05-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Thanks for posting this. I'm looking for a new workout routine. I'm used to doing 30 to 40 minutes on an elliptical trainer with my heart rate around 150 bpm. I also used to do a lot of step aerobics, so Wii Fit doesn't seem like much of a workout to me, although I do enjoy the yoga part of it (even if I'm not that good at it!) I'm looking for a lot of abdominal/core exercises that don't involve lying on the floor and doing crunches. I think I'm going to have to check this out!