PDA

View Full Version : Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse Detox

Lighting57
05-28-2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.kimsdietplan.com/cmcan/?p=1

Have any of you seen or read this article or used the two products?
Do you think it's credible?

Jan in CA
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Um... I almost deleted this post. It looks like spam from the title.

Personally, I think this is bunk. There are all kinds of crazy claims and while some of them may "seem" to work in the short term the only way to effectively lose weight and KEEP it off is to eat a healthy diet that includes less calories. Exercise certainly helps, too. I wouldn't waste my money.

suzeeq
05-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Well the Acai berry is known by another name in chinese medicine (I'll try to look it up) and it's supposed to be a very balancing herb that certainly won't harm a person and can be beneficial. I don't know about cleansing and weight loss though; many good herbs are put into products and marketed for uses they shouldn't be. They banned ma huang which was sold in weight loss products because it was found to be harmful to the heart. There are legitimate uses for ma huang though, primarily for lung problems, however it's contraindicated for anyone with a heart problem. An example of something used for something other than what it should be used for.

hookedonknitting
05-28-2009, 09:40 PM
well acai is from brasil. It is eaten as as slushy dessert sort of thing. Very delicious. It is very high in anti-oxidents ( higher than blueberries) and has very high vitimin c content. On it's own it is healthy- with other things I can't say. I am always skeptical about detoxes as it can harm the good bacteria in you digestive track and other not good for you things. As for some of the silly claims people put on acai ( my hubby read the fine print once- he is brasilian) and it seems pretty bunk.

MoniDew
05-29-2009, 11:14 AM
no, I do not think the ad is credible. The reason that I don't think the ads are credible is because I've seen various versions under various people's names (yours is "Kim", but I've seen several). I think this is some kind of MLM, and each person is out there trying to build their downline.

I don't believe in MLM because, in spite of all their claims to the contrary, the only people getting rich off of it are the 5 people at the top. Everyone else just loses thousands of dollars trying to make a program work that is DESIGNED to NOT WORK.

Start your own real, legit, business instead. Your product, your design, your expertise, etc.

GinnyG
05-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't know anything about Acai Berry.

But I can tell you Colon Cleansing is a BAD IDEA with no health benefits at all. There are however risks; you mess up your electrolytes, irritate your bowel, and dehydrate yourself.

Weight loss is achieved by taking in less calories than you burn. There are no magic pills or potions, if there were no one would be overweight.

Lighting57
05-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks all. That's pretty much what I was thinking.

JudyF
06-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Absolutely not credible.

suzeeq
06-06-2009, 05:49 PM
A friend of mine is taking Acai, I don't know what brand, and lost 12 pounds in a few weeks and feels more energetic. There are benefits to the herb itself; I bought a bottle at WM for $10 and I'll let you know how it works by the time I'm done with it.