PDA

View Full Version : I went to Paradise Fibers

Plantgoddess+
05-29-2009, 03:44 PM
and fondled lots of yarn. They have a nice selection. It took me a while to find the store. They're in kind of an industrial area and roads start and end unexpectedly, but it was worth the effort. Nice people and they were content to let me browse at my own pace. I ended up spending more than I planned, but I'm happy with what I bought.
I now am the owner of a drop spindle,:woohoo: I bought a spinning kit and hope by fall to have time to practice. I tried not to look at the spinning wheels or the looms.
I also bought some sock yarn of course, I got a 100g skein of Online summer-cotton-stretch supersocke 100. The fiber content is in German and I'm not sure of the fiber content, but it sure is soft, and self striping. I also got a skein of Zitron trekking also self striping and last but not least 2 skeins of Jojoland Melody superwash.
It's going to be hard not to cast on for a sock right away, but I want to save the yarn for a time when I need some easy knitting for travel.
Now if I can keep from going back to Paradise Fibers for awhile.

MoniDew
05-29-2009, 06:02 PM
love your post!

knitasha
05-29-2009, 07:35 PM
I've ordered from their online store several times and, living on the East Coast, it didn't really occur to me that they had a store you could actually GO to. Sounds wonderful. Once you get into spinning you'll be spending more than you thought you wanted to on fiber, too. And loving it.

suzeeq
05-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, that's an easy area to get lost in, there's a bunch of streets that meet at odd angles. Next time I'm up there will have to stop in, after I go to Auntie's.