PDA

View Full Version : Tiger eye scarf pattern

WolfMotaki
06-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Well, I'm not having trouble with interpreting the pattern or finding the pattern so much as accessing it; the tiger eye scarf seems to be a fairly popular project and everyone seems to be accessing the pattern from http://www.tmooka.net/blogs/stitchingirl/index.php?s=tiger+eye or a similar tmooka.net link. However, when I go to these links, the site opens as some weird search engine that only seems to show sponsored links. Not the pattern or blogs that are supposedly found there. I don't know if this is a "you can't access this page from New Zealand" issue or what, but if anyone has advice on how to get this pattern, I'd really appreciate it as it looks like a gorgeous project.

Alternatively - are there any links to the tiger eye scarf pattern that are accessed (for free, I'm just a poor student :P) elsewhere? Thanks so much :)

dustinac
06-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Hi and welcome to KH! The original site is down but I found on Ravelry the archive link on the pattern page. It's a PDF file and can be found here (http://web.archive.org/web/20060614151354/http://www.tmooka.net/blogs/stitchingirl/patterns/tigereyescarf.pdf)
:thumbsup:

WolfMotaki
06-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Thank you, that looks great!! :D

margz3
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks for posting - very pretty pattern! I have a question on the chart...... There are solid squares for which the chart key indicates as "no stitch" - would that translate to simply slipping the stitch?

suzeeq
06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
No, go to the next block and do that for the st. A 'no stitch' on a chart is the same as K 0 in a text pattern.

margz3
06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
No, go to the next block and do that for the st. A 'no stitch' on a chart is the same as K 0 in a text pattern.

So, If I were to write out the chart, I would basically ignore the no stitch and move on to the next st in the chart?

blueygh2
06-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Exactly. The pattern changes the number of stitches, so to keep the chart symmetrical, they use those grey squares as placeholders, for visual comfort.

Believe me, at first I was very irritated by them, but someone told me "trust the pattern". I did it. And it turned out perfectly.

So just ignore those squares and knit what's next on the chart.

margz3
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Exactly. The pattern changes the number of stitches, so to keep the chart symmetrical, they use those grey squares as placeholders, for visual comfort.

Believe me, at first I was very irritated by them, but someone told me "trust the pattern". I did it. And it turned out perfectly.

So just ignore those squares and knit what's next on the chart.

Thank you! I tend to shy away from charts, so I'm not very familiar with how they work - your explanation makes perfect sense!

themonkeygirl
06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
What a fabulous pattern!!! I think I might have to start this one immediately! Thanks for posting!

WolfMotaki
06-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Excellent!! Maybe we could have a knit-along? :P

Lighting57
06-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks for posting this pattern. It's very pretty.