PDA

View Full Version : Sea Silk in Laceweight sources???

mwhite
06-02-2009, 12:44 PM
I have read so many raves about this yarn and there are so many sources...anyone have a favorite source with fair pricing in the laceweight??? Thanks in advance!

scout52
06-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure what pricing you are looking for but

http://www.colorsongyarn.com/yarns/hand_maiden/seasilk_150.htm has sea silk at 150g skeins which is 650 yards. with free shipping. its is $40 a skein. I have not used their sea silk but I have used thier mini maiden and hand maiden yarns which is WONDERFUL.

www.littleknits.com sometimes has their yarns on closeouts so you might want to check them out as well

mwhite
06-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks! Looks like the pricing is just about the same all over but Colorsong has the larger skeins for the same price....now to decide which color!

Mulderknitter
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
I believe Tilli Thomas yarn also comes in sea silk?

mwhite
06-03-2009, 10:10 AM
I believe Tilli Thomas yarn also comes in sea silk?

ARGHHHH! It's $18 for 140 yards...would be around $85 for 650 versus the $40 for Handmaiden....guess which one I got??? LOL! I bit the bullet this morning and ordered 2 skeins from Colorsong of the "Waterfall" color....:inlove:

scout52
06-03-2009, 01:09 PM
ooh the waterfall is a gorgeous color. come back and tell us how you like it!!

mwhite
06-03-2009, 01:15 PM
I will! The "Ireland" and "Melon" were also beautiful...as well as the "Rose" and several others....the heart was willing but the billfold couldn't stand it! I figured that just once, I'd like to knit something from a grand fiber like silk so this was the best choice. I justified the purchase as my 25th wedding anniversary present to myself....lord knows, hubby will not remember the date!

Mulderknitter
06-04-2009, 08:45 AM
That's gorgeous!
I do love the blackberry color:muah:

mwhite
06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, am anxiously awaiting my shipment of seasilk and got a phone call from them yesterday....they only had two skeins of 150 in "Waterfall" :tap: and she said they were not from the same dye lot nor did they even resemble each other....After much hmmming and oh-noing on my part, I chose the "Periwinkle". :mrgreen: I really hated the change but wasn't willing to switch to the 100 skeins. I sure hope the Periwinkle is light enough! I was really afraid to go with the "Ireland" as the project is circular and was worried about pooling. I have so much in pink/peach colorways...wanted something blueish. She said it was blueish/violetish....kinda like the KH site background color.

knittingymnast
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Oooh....Sorry I really can't help, but I want some too!