PDA

View Full Version : Some Finished Objects

dustinac
06-03-2009, 11:02 AM
I finished these up over May :happydance:

The purse is Noni Vintage Bag pattern (small). I used Galway Worsted in a Lime Green color. This was made for the LYS to use as display.

The Shetland Shorty Wrap (http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer08/PATTshetlandshorty.html) I made after I seen the one Auburnchick made. It's very easy but did get bored of it, I needed the needle so plunged away on it, glad I did now. Great piece (my 5yr old snapped the picture). I used Cascade Yarns Cotton Rich DK in Navy. I made the small and only did 13 repeats of the sections.

The next two items I made for my son's teacher. I was going to make this gift that Marykz (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Marykz/teacher-appreciation)had made up...but then the idea "grew" on me. I ended up getting everything she would need for a relaxing day at the beach or by a pool like: sunblock, after sun lotion, a pitcher, lemonade mix, cup, fan, flyswatter, beach towel, etc...then I put it all in a tote bag with sea shells scatter around it

The Springtime Coaster (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/springtime-coasters) was made from left over Plymouth Fantasy Naturale. This coaster gave me a hard time, thinking since I've made a few small things with crochet I could do it HA!. I spent time at the LYS for help on Rnd 2...and then mom spent over an hour with me on the phone helping with the rest :teehee:

The Tell me a tail bookmark (http://purdypeas.wordpress.com/2009/03/11/what-to-do-with-leftover-sock-yarn/) was very easy and I used leftover Knit Pick Gloss yarn. This took under an hour so perfect gift when running out of time...

mwhite
06-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Loverly!!! Love the Shorty Wrap, purse....coaster is pretty...neat bookmark!

Vertigo1414
06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
everyone keeps posting that wrap...it might be time for me to start one. everything look great!

knittingymnast
06-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Ooh, those are pretty!

Jan in CA
06-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Great idea for a teacher! Something other than a coffee mug or starbucks gc is always appreciated I'm sure. :teehee:

Everything is so pretty!

AH1OZ
06-03-2009, 01:16 PM
very nice work

Slim
06-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I love them all, especially that purse! What a great design. The Shetland Shorty is awesome!

ArtLady1981
06-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Very nice collection of knits, Dustina! In Mad Love with the shortie!

auntcrafty
06-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Wonderful! Love the idea for the teachers. The bag and wrap are my favorites.

wezyus
06-04-2009, 03:37 AM
Gorgeous items ...gr8 jobs ....thnks for sharing

dustinac
06-04-2009, 08:00 AM
:hug:Thanks everyone!

The shorty is very easy for those thinking of making it. It does seem to run bigger than what you think though, I started out making the Medium but after reading on Ravelry I changed to the small. It doesn't fit me as snug as others I have seen but that's ok :happydance:

Great idea for a teacher! Something other than a coffee mug or starbucks gc is always appreciated I'm sure. :teehee:

Everything is so pretty!

Yeah I wanted to come up with something different this year than the standard teacher gift I do...she seemed to really like it too...now if I could just come up with something different for Christmas Teacher gifts :teehee:

KnittingNat
06-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Everything looks fantastic! I especially loved the bag:inlove:

bambi
06-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Everything is beautiful! I agree with vertigo: everyone's shetland shorty looks so good, I may have to start one.

Bambi

GinnyG
06-04-2009, 01:32 PM
ALL are just GREAT!!

Love the purse!

margz3
06-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Everything is very nice! What a great, thoughtful, teacher gift idea!

lulubell
06-08-2009, 11:57 PM
I love the Shetland Shorty. I would love one, but am not sure the figure would do justice to the garment!

WandaT
06-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Everything looks fabulous!!! Love them all!! Thanks for all the links - I just added more to my to do list. UGH!

gotta knit
06-09-2009, 09:51 AM
You've been busy. Great job on them all!